DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   MDF needed in North Carolina (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/111187-mdf-needed-north-carolina.html)

[email protected] June 30th 05 08:27 PM

MDF needed in North Carolina

Since moving back from New Zealand 3 months ago, I have been busy
re-outfitting my shop. I have gotten to the point where I am ready to start
production but I can't find what I need. I need 1/8, 1/4 and 3/8 mdf
sheets. Anybody know where I might find these around Charlotte? (I live
outside HIckory.

TIA
John "The Toymaker"

Mortimer Schnerd, RN June 30th 05 09:10 PM

wrote:
Since moving back from New Zealand 3 months ago, I have been busy
re-outfitting my shop. I have gotten to the point where I am ready to start
production but I can't find what I need. I need 1/8, 1/4 and 3/8 mdf
sheets. Anybody know where I might find these around Charlotte? (I live
outside HIckory.

Try Dixie Plywood
6000 Old Concord Rd
Charlotte, NC 28213
(704) 921-2299
http://www.dixieply.com/charlotte.shtml#products

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

VE

Jim June 30th 05 10:06 PM

Home Depot, Lowes, as well as real lumberyards sell MDF.
Jim
wrote in message
Since moving back from New Zealand 3 months ago, I have been busy
re-outfitting my shop. I have gotten to the point where I am ready to

start
production but I can't find what I need. I need 1/8, 1/4 and 3/8 mdf
sheets. Anybody know where I might find these around Charlotte? (I live
outside HIckory.

TIA
John "The Toymaker"

News==----

Newsgroups

=----

[email protected] July 1st 05 03:55 AM

thanks for the lead....I have been looking around and have only found 3/4
inch stuff....too thick for my uses.

Cheers
John

Jim Wheeler July 1st 05 11:37 AM

A great wood source not too far from you:
The Hardwood Store
Gibsonville, NC
http://www.hardwoodstore.com/

They did stock various thicknesses of mdf - you can call them to check
out their supply - they be good people.

If you make the trip to Gibsonville, close by in Burlington is a large
Woodworkers Supply store.

Jim

Rob V July 2nd 05 01:05 PM

You could try Jackson International Corp.
Its a plywood specialty place here in Fuquay (Kind of a haul from where you
are)
but they pretty much have any type of ply you could ask for as well as mdf.

Great prices.

Ask for Robin Jackson - 919-577-9994

TWS July 3rd 05 01:23 AM

On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 10:37:41 GMT, Jim Wheeler
wrote:

A great wood source not too far from you:
The Hardwood Store
Gibsonville, NC
http://www.hardwoodstore.com/

They did stock various thicknesses of mdf - you can call them to check
out their supply - they be good people.

If you make the trip to Gibsonville, close by in Burlington is a large
Woodworkers Supply store.

Jim

Last I saw, the Hardwood Store only had 3/4 inch thick MDF. If they
have thinner stuff please let us know.

TWS