Vic Baron

Default Craftsman 12" Portable Planer

I have an old ( 5 -6 years) Craftsman Planer. One of the knives has a small
nick that leaves a mark when used. I have a spare set of knives BUT a) I've
never changed planer knives before and b) looking at the manual, it seems I
must be a contortionist to get it correct.

Has anyone done this successfully and how?

Just in case I decide that I have more money than brains, what would be a
decent planer to buy for a small home w/s - no production use. Must be easy
to change blades G.?

Thanx,

Vic

--
There are 10 kinds of people - those who understand binary and those who
don't

SonomaProducts.com

If the blades are adjusted properly, then any nick that shows on the
finished piece must be in all the blades. One quick fix is to slide one
of the blades a little to one side so the nicks are not lined up.

I can't imagine buying a new planer is the best approach. I'd bet any
decent tool repair shop could swap the old for new blades for a lot
less than the price of a new planer if you can't get it done on your
own.

BW

Vic Baron

"SonomaProducts.com" wrote in message
oups.com...
If the blades are adjusted properly, then any nick that shows on the
finished piece must be in all the blades. One quick fix is to slide one
of the blades a little to one side so the nicks are not lined up.

I can't imagine buying a new planer is the best approach. I'd bet any
decent tool repair shop could swap the old for new blades for a lot
less than the price of a new planer if you can't get it done on your
own.

BW

I know! I know! - I was just grumbling. LOL

I'll take a shot at it on a day when I START out calm and relaxed.

Thanx,

Vic

Delta 12" Portable Thickness Planer or 22" Shop Built Thickness Sander? tillius Woodworking 11 December 21st 04 12:27 AM
Possible pending gloat: Craftsman planer on clearance Kevin Craig Woodworking 7 November 1st 04 02:36 AM
Old Sears Craftsman Planer model # 113.20621 - looking for manual John B. Woodworking 7 May 11th 04 04:24 AM
The new DeWalt Portable Planer Leon Woodworking 5 August 26th 03 10:54 PM
For Sale, Delta planer, craftsman bandsaw,103.0103 , Work bench top in pittsburgh Area Tony D. Woodworking 0 July 12th 03 06:53 PM