DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Circular saws reviewed in CR (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/111022-circular-saws-reviewed-cr.html)

Joe_Stein June 28th 05 08:55 PM

Circular saws reviewed in CR

Hey guys,
Check out Consumer Reports August '05 (pages 44-45) for reviews of
circular saws.
Nice!
Joe

gw June 28th 05 09:41 PM

"Joe_Stein" wrote in message
link.net...
Hey guys,
Check out Consumer Reports August '05 (pages 44-45) for reviews of
circular saws.
Nice!
Joe

Save me the suspense. Who paid them the most for the best review? B&D?
Ryobi??

Joe C June 28th 05 10:13 PM

"Joe_Stein" wrote in message
link.net...
Hey guys,
Check out Consumer Reports August '05 (pages 44-45) for reviews of
circular saws.
Nice!
Joe

They were also reviewed in a recent issue of fine homebuilding. Top end
saws.

Joe

Duane Bozarth June 28th 05 10:52 PM

Joe_Stein wrote:

Hey guys,
Check out Consumer Reports August '05 (pages 44-45) for reviews of
circular saws.
Nice!
Joe

I don't think I've agreed w/ CR on 1 in a 1000 items reviewed... :)

B a r r y June 29th 05 12:24 PM

Joe_Stein wrote:
Hey guys,
Check out Consumer Reports August '05 (pages 44-45) for reviews of
circular saws.
Nice!
Joe

I don't read Consumer Reports for reviews of professional quality tools.

Doug Miller June 29th 05 02:04 PM

In article , wrote:
Joe_Stein wrote:
Hey guys,
Check out Consumer Reports August '05 (pages 44-45) for reviews of
circular saws.
Nice!
Joe

I don't read Consumer Reports for reviews of professional quality tools.

I don't read CR for reviews of *any* kind of tools.

--
Regards,

IBM5081 June 29th 05 05:52 PM

There are tool reviews and there are tool purchases. Go to a framing
contractor supply house and see what saws are being purchased there.
Ask the repair guy what comes in for repair least frequently. That's a
purchasing recommendation rather than a tool review.