DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   What am I doing wrong? (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/110570-what-am-i-doing-wrong.html)

JuanKnighter June 23rd 05 01:19 AM

What am I doing wrong?

If I create a new message or reply to an existing message it doesnt show up
here, but the replies DO show up.

Doug Miller June 23rd 05 01:31 AM

In article , "JuanKnighter" wrote:
If I create a new message or reply to an existing message it doesnt show up
here, but the replies DO show up.

Maybe you killfiled yourself. :-)

Seriously, though - you may be inadvertently filtering out your own posts.
Check the settings in Outhouse Express, or change to a better newsreader.

--
Regards,

RonB June 23rd 05 02:37 AM

If I create a new message or reply to an existing message it doesnt show
up here, but the replies DO show up.

Several of us feel your pain. Probably has something to do with your
service.

Lee Michaels June 23rd 05 02:39 AM

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
In article , "JuanKnighter"
wrote:
If I create a new message or reply to an existing message it doesnt show
up
here, but the replies DO show up.

Maybe you killfiled yourself. :-)

Seriously, though - you may be inadvertently filtering out your own posts.
Check the settings in Outhouse Express, or change to a better newsreader.

Yep, happened to me.

What happened to me was that I picked up a troll on another newsgroup and
kept killfiling him. He just subsituted my e-mail addy for his and I just
automatically killfiled him without looking at the addy.

After reading the sage advice given above, I went a lookin' in my killfiles.
And sure enough, I was there. I reversed that killfile and suddenly I
appeared in all the places I used to.

But I have had ISP's that never got more than half of my posts onto any
particular newsgroup. One solution is to just get another news server. If
the problem is with your ISP, another will probably be OK.

Andy McArdle June 24th 05 03:57 PM

Pounding the pulpit in ,
JuanKnighter did expound thusly:

If I create a new message or reply to an existing message it doesnt show
up here, but the replies DO show up.

If you're using Outlook Express, have you tried synchronising your newsgroup
accounts after replying?
Some versions don't display locally /written/ msgs, only what is available
on the server... and a refresh suddenyl "restores" your post.

Another fine product brought to you by M$.

--
- Andy
"Truth is after all, so poorly lit." - Neil Peart