DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Fixing "puddle" of poly on wood floor (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/107965-fixing-%22puddle%22-poly-wood-floor.html)

blueman May 31st 05 11:49 PM

Fixing "puddle" of poly on wood floor

Whoever put the poly on our kitchen floor left some thickened
"puddles" near some of the thresholds.

Poly is oil-based sating.

What can I do to fix the puddles without ruining or redoing the entire
floor?

Guess who June 1st 05 03:46 AM

On Tue, 31 May 2005 22:49:00 GMT, blueman wrote:

Whoever put the poly on our kitchen floor left some thickened
"puddles" near some of the thresholds.

Poly is oil-based sating.

What can I do to fix the puddles without ruining or redoing the entire
floor?

Sandpaper, and patience ...down to a *very* fine water paper to
finish. It's how I remove slight blemishes form a varnished project,
leaving a smooth, clear surface.

[email protected] June 1st 05 04:25 AM

The lack of answers probably echos my initial reaction, there's no good
way. Maybe you can sand the puddle off and try to feather it out, then
recoat. Personally I'd do throw rugs.

B a r r y June 1st 05 12:00 PM

blueman wrote:
Whoever put the poly on our kitchen floor left some thickened
"puddles" near some of the thresholds.

Poly is oil-based sating.

What can I do to fix the puddles without ruining or redoing the entire
floor?

Shave it down with a sharp cabinet scraper.

Barry