JAMES Mankin

Default drill bits

Ok guys how do you store your bits manly spade bits forsners and auger
bits the rest you can just drill holes in a piece of wood for pitcher
would be a big help thanks in advance

Jim

A MAN WITH THE RIGHT TOOLS CAN SURE SCREW THINGS UP

bridger

JAMES Mankin wrote:

Ok guys how do you store your bits manly spade bits forsners and auger
bits the rest you can just drill holes in a piece of wood for pitcher
would be a big help thanks in advance

Jim

spades store in a snaplid plastic box which gets swapped around to
whichever canvas drill motor bag I'm using at the moment.

forstners are in a fitted plastic case, but that won't last too much
longer as I already have a few odds ones out.
Phisherman

I built a 3-drawer cabinet with tall drawers, low sides. The corners
are hand-cut dovetails and knobs are turned dogwood--mainly did this
to practice but it did become a nice "furniture" piece. The drawers
have removeable bottoms--3/4" thick stock with drilled holes and 1/4"
ply glued to the bottom which allows me to reomove the contents if
needed. The cabinet helps prevent rust. In my younger days, I
started out with just a scrap of 2x4 with drilled holes in it.

On Mon, 23 May 2005 23:43:34 -0700, (JAMES Mankin)
wrote:

Ok guys how do you store your bits manly spade bits forsners and auger
bits the rest you can just drill holes in a piece of wood for pitcher
would be a big help thanks in advance

Jim

A MAN WITH THE RIGHT TOOLS CAN SURE SCREW THINGS UP

woodworker88

I can't do help much with larger bits, but at my school shop we have
hundreds of regular bits, most in fairly common sizes, and have one of
those 64 drawer plastic storage units. Each drawer is labeled with a
bit or tap size.

Joe_Stein

I have a bench model drill press mounted on a movable bench. The bench
has a shelf and a drawer. All my straight bits I store on the shelf in
indexed plasic or metal boxes. The few extras I have are in the drawer.
My spade bits are in the drawer. There are also some forstner bits &
miscellany in the drawer.
Have fun.
Joe

JAMES Mankin wrote:
Ok guys how do you store your bits manly spade bits forsners and auger
bits the rest you can just drill holes in a piece of wood for pitcher
would be a big help thanks in advance

Jim

A MAN WITH THE RIGHT TOOLS CAN SURE SCREW THINGS UP

JAMES Mankin

thanks for the ideas guys the drawers are the way I was thinking I have
great grand dads machinist chest that he stored all his bits in lose not
he best ideas to keep them sharp my work bits are kept in roll up
pouches in the tool box east to take from job to job
hey philsman how about so pics of your cabinet sounds like a very nice
piece

jim

A MAN WITH THE RIGHT TOOLS CAN SURE SCREW THINGS UP

JAMES Mankin

sorry about the miss spell on the name Phisherman

A MAN WITH THE RIGHT TOOLS CAN SURE SCREW THINGS UP