DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Corner treatment for built-in garage cabinet (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/106410-corner-treatment-built-garage-cabinet.html)

CrackedHands May 16th 05 04:47 PM

Corner treatment for built-in garage cabinet

I'm planning to build a simple built-in 8'x11'x2' garage cabinet from
the 2x4 framing studs. And I'm thinking about wrapping it up with
sheets of 1/4" vinyl boards. My question is, how should I treat the
corners where the two boards meet to make it look more decent?
TIA for your suggestions.

Mike May 17th 05 12:49 AM

On 16 May 2005 08:47:17 -0700, "CrackedHands"
wrote:

sheets of 1/4" vinyl boards. My question is, how should I treat the
corners where the two boards meet to make it look more decent?
TIA for your suggestions.

If you are just trying to hide the corners of the 1/4" you can make an
outside corner or buy one at the local lumber yard.

Mike O.

Charley May 17th 05 04:15 PM

It's tough to hide an outside corner in thin material. Why not celebrate it!
It's quite common to put mouldings around doors to celebrate and enhance
them. Do the same with the corner. Buy or build a piece of trim to put
around it.

--
Charley

oups.com...