Skookum

Default Polling best small wood product prospects

Greetings,

I am coordinating a project in Prince George, BC, Canada for a
non-profit that has a fairly good wood workshop. They want to develop a
business making and selling some wood product, perhaps one whose
prospects for e-commerce is especially promising. This would provide
revenue for the non-profit and something to do for its clients who are
people with reasonable woodworking skills but who are being
rehabilitated after jail terms.

Right now my team is in the initial phase of brainstorming a long-list
of potential products, ones that are worth further market analysis. I
am very interested in what folks on "the wreck" might think are the top
several "candidates" for production. What do you all think are the hot
products that we might want to think hard about?

Just so you know, the major equipment in our shop at this point (in
addition to which are the usual smaller hand tools) include:

16" Band Saw
10" Table Saw
16" Planer
Drill Press
6" Jointer
8" Bench Grinder
10" Cross Cut Mitre Saw
Wood Lathe
4" X 6" Disc and Belt Sander
120 Volt Dust Collector
240 Volt Dust Collector
Shop Vacuum

Thanks and Cheers,
Norman Dale

Charley

If I had any real good ideas for a product like this, I'd be making them
myself.

Why don't you narrow your list down to roughly the number of people that are
in your group. Have each person make one of the choices from your list, and
then put them all on Ebay or your website and see what sells. It shouldn't
take long to find out what does and what doesn't sell.

If I had to decide right now on something relatively simple that, in my
opinion, had a good chance of selling, I would lean toward unique children's
games or toys, but don't expect much sales until the Christmas season.

Good luck in your venture.
--
Charley

oups.com...