DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Can I use a regular nailer to install 3/8 t&g enginered wood floor ?????????? (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/105943-can-i-use-regular-nailer-install-3-8-t-g-enginered-wood-floor.html)

miey May 11th 05 02:04 AM

Can I use a regular nailer to install 3/8 t&g enginered wood floor ??????????

Hi,
I know how inventive a lot of the guys in this NG are, so can it be
done? I was thinking I could attach a block of wood to the topside
front of the nailer to give it the angle and then off I go. Any and
all comments appreciated.
Mike.

Edwin Pawlowski May 11th 05 02:40 AM

"miey" wrote in message
Hi,
I know how inventive a lot of the guys in this NG are, so can it be
done? I was thinking I could attach a block of wood to the topside
front of the nailer to give it the angle and then off I go. Any and
all comments appreciated.
Mike.

It is not just the angle, but when you hit the flooring nailer, is seats the
board at the same time. I suppose you can do it in two steps.

Duane Bozarth May 11th 05 03:04 AM

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

"miey" wrote in message
Hi,
I know how inventive a lot of the guys in this NG are, so can it be
done? I was thinking I could attach a block of wood to the topside
front of the nailer to give it the angle and then off I go. Any and
all comments appreciated.
Mike.

It is not just the angle, but when you hit the flooring nailer, is seats the
board at the same time. I suppose you can do it in two steps.

Also the flooring nailer uses a cut nail much more appropriate to the
purpose...

[email protected] May 11th 05 06:46 AM

Rent the flooring nailer somewhere. They are made to seat today's
twisted flooring and use the correct nails to hold it in place. Our HD
here rents them for about $35 bucks a day.

You can bang down a helluva lot of flooring with it if you precut and
plan before you start installing.

Robert