Dave W

Default 1/6 sheet sander

I have a little palm sander made by Ryobi a LONG time ago. It is getting
tired and needs to be replaced. Does anyone know of a 1/6 sheet sander
being made now? I have not been able to locate any. I have a 1/4 sheet
sander but it seems very clunky compared to the 1/6.
Thanks
Dave

DL

"Dave W" wrote in message
I have a little palm sander made by Ryobi a LONG time ago. It is getting
tired and needs to be replaced. Does anyone know of a 1/6 sheet sander
being made now? I have not been able to locate any. I have a 1/4 sheet
sander but it seems very clunky compared to the 1/6.
Thanks
Dave

Simple Froogle.com seach on 1/6 sheet sander turned this up.

http://www.ztradingpost.com/product....tegory=Sanders

Looks to be factory refurbished or possibly used. You might also try eBay.

David

DL

"Dave W" wrote in message
I have a little palm sander made by Ryobi a LONG time ago. It is getting
tired and needs to be replaced. Does anyone know of a 1/6 sheet sander
being made now? I have not been able to locate any. I have a 1/4 sheet
sander but it seems very clunky compared to the 1/6.
Thanks
Dave

Hit send to fast, same froogle seach brought up this as well. Grizzly air
powered version.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...302166-3977537

David

RonB

Simple Froogle.com seach on 1/6 sheet sander turned this up.

http://www.ztradingpost.com/product....tegory=Sanders

Looks to be factory refurbished or possibly used. You might also try
eBay.

David

From the pic it appears to be a 1/4 sheet Dewalt. Could be an error but I
have two just like it.

Unquestionably Confused

on 5/6/2005 9:14 AM RonB said the following:
Simple Froogle.com seach on 1/6 sheet sander turned this up.

http://www.ztradingpost.com/product....tegory=Sanders

Looks to be factory refurbished or possibly used. You might also try
eBay.

David

From the pic it appears to be a 1/4 sheet Dewalt. Could be an error but I
have two just like it.

What is shown in the photograph is definitely, positively and obviously
a DeWalt. However, when you click on the photo images there is a
notation saying that this photograph is representative of the CLASS of
item, NOT the actual item. Soooo... I suspect they might actually have
the Ryobi and are just too lazy to photograph it.

Lew Hodgett

Subject

By the time you are using something that small for sanding, it's time to
belly up and get the Fein detail sander IMHO.

BTW, it is truly an amazing widget, sanding is just a small part of what
it does well.

Lew
CW

No error. Read the discription.

"RonB" wrote in message
newsZKee.13741$gc6.3846@okepread04...
From the pic it appears to be a 1/4 sheet Dewalt. Could be an error but I
have two just like it.

Dave W

I too own a Fein detail sander. It has its place but the 1/6 sheet sander
is great for sanding varnish especially on vertical surfaces.
"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
ink.net...
Subject

By the time you are using something that small for sanding, it's time to
belly up and get the Fein detail sander IMHO.

Posted to rec.woodworking

rebuild it.....

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...der-14627-.htm