DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Pully Sizes? Craftsman Table Saw (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/105098-pully-sizes-craftsman-table-saw.html)

Lovegod Tillman May 3rd 05 06:10 PM

Pully Sizes? Craftsman Table Saw

Hi,

I have just bought a model 113.29991 ten-inch Sears Craftsman table saw. It
is powered by a 3/4 HP sears motor rated at 1750 rpm (5/8 inch shaft). I
plan to replace the pullies but I'd like to be sure of the proper sizes. Can
anybody give me some guidance on this? Much thanks.

Lenny

George May 3rd 05 10:27 PM

"Lovegod Tillman" wrote in message
nk.net...
Hi,

I have just bought a model 113.29991 ten-inch Sears Craftsman table saw.

It
is powered by a 3/4 HP sears motor rated at 1750 rpm (5/8 inch shaft). I
plan to replace the pullies but I'd like to be sure of the proper sizes.

Can
anybody give me some guidance on this? Much thanks.

Check your blade suggested rpm, or, as is usually the case, make it so the
blade rotates at about 4200 rpm. Arbor belt a touch smaller than half of
the motor.

Bruce Wiseman May 4th 05 04:53 AM

"Lovegod Tillman" wrote in
nk.net:

Hi,

I have just bought a model 113.29991 ten-inch Sears Craftsman table
saw. It is powered by a 3/4 HP sears motor rated at 1750 rpm (5/8 inch
shaft). I plan to replace the pullies but I'd like to be sure of the
proper sizes. Can anybody give me some guidance on this? Much thanks.

Lenny

They make a kit that has the pulley and a lenght of link belt that fits
the craftsman saw. One of the best things I ever did for mine. Cut
vibration a substantal amount and increased power. I know Woodcraft
sells the upgrade, I am sure others must as well. As I recall the price
was somewhere in the high 50's US $. If you really need the size let me
know and I will measure it.

George May 4th 05 12:08 PM

"Bruce Wiseman" wrote in message
. 63.158...
"Lovegod Tillman" wrote in
nk.net:

Hi,

I have just bought a model 113.29991 ten-inch Sears Craftsman table
saw. It is powered by a 3/4 HP sears motor rated at 1750 rpm (5/8 inch
shaft). I plan to replace the pullies but I'd like to be sure of the
proper sizes. Can anybody give me some guidance on this? Much thanks.

Lenny

They make a kit that has the pulley and a lenght of link belt that fits
the craftsman saw. One of the best things I ever did for mine. Cut
vibration a substantal amount and increased power. I know Woodcraft
sells the upgrade, I am sure others must as well. As I recall the price
was somewhere in the high 50's US $. If you really need the size let me
know and I will measure it.

Careful! That kit's for a 3450 motor. If he has a 1725, it'll be a while
before he gets through a four foot board.

Bruce Wiseman May 5th 05 04:50 AM

"George" george@least wrote in :

[...]

Yea, your right, sorry. Is it possible they make one for the 1725? It
would have the same issues with cast pulleys and belt slipping, wouldn't
it?

George May 5th 05 11:41 AM

"Bruce Wiseman" wrote in message
. 63.158...

Careful! That kit's for a 3450 motor. If he has a 1725, it'll be a
while before he gets through a four foot board.

Yea, your right, sorry. Is it possible they make one for the 1725? It
would have the same issues with cast pulleys and belt slipping, wouldn't
it?

No, standard motors have been 3450 for so long - 40 years I can vouch for,
that it wouldn't be worth it.

I don't believe machined versus cast make a hell of a lot of difference when
you're talking small diameters and a self-hung motor. The differences would
have to be so gross as to be visible.

[email protected] May 5th 05 03:25 PM

Lovegod Tillman wrote:
Hi,

I have just bought a model 113.29991 ten-inch Sears Craftsman table

saw. It
is powered by a 3/4 HP sears motor rated at 1750 rpm (5/8 inch

shaft). I
plan to replace the pullies but I'd like to be sure of the proper

sizes. Can
anybody give me some guidance on this? Much thanks.

Lenny

I rebuilt SWMBO's father's Craftsman tablesaw a few years ago. I don't
know the number, but it was the cast iron top contractor saw built by
Emerson Electric.

It had a 3450 rpm motor and two 2-1/2" white metal pulleys on the motor
and arbor shafts. These had each worn their bores oval and you could
see them wobble.

I replaced them with machined steel pulleys and linkbelt. The arbor
bearings were also sloppy so I replaced them, too. Lined everything up
and the saw vibration was much reduced. (Just vibration from the motor
now.)

Double check your motor rpm. If it is 1750, then double the motor
pulley size to 5" so the blade turns fast enough. Double check the
belt clearance with everthing with the blade up and down to make sure
the larger motor pulley doesn't drive the belt into anything. If there
is clearance trouble you can't adjust for, that'll force you to a
smaller motor pulley.

If you don't have a manual, check the Sears website. Failing that, go
to the Ridgid tools website and download one of their tablesaw manuals.
Emerson Electric now makes the Ridgid saws. The alignment and belt
tensioning instructions are helpful.

Good luck,

Tim

Boots May 17th 05 12:43 AM