DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   OT.. a find. (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/104754-ot-find.html)

Robatoy April 30th 05 03:56 AM

OT.. a find.

I was reading FHB and it listed in the Forum a few incidents of people
finding interesting things while demolishing and renovating properties
they had moved into.
It reminded me of a time when I was removing a few kitchen base cabinets
and found an old wallet left behind in the kick. It had just a small
corner of a familiar colour brown 100 dollar (Canadian) bill poking out
from between the folds.
That's all there was... a small piece torn off a bill, taped to the
wallet. The rest was empty...but for just a fraction of a second, I felt
lucky... and somewhere, maybe no longer on this earth, is/was some
schmuck laughing his ass off.

A prank with a time-delay fuse....

jo4hn April 30th 05 04:42 AM

Robatoy wrote:

I was reading FHB and it listed in the Forum a few incidents of people
finding interesting things while demolishing and renovating properties
they had moved into.
It reminded me of a time when I was removing a few kitchen base cabinets
and found an old wallet left behind in the kick. It had just a small
corner of a familiar colour brown 100 dollar (Canadian) bill poking out
from between the folds.
That's all there was... a small piece torn off a bill, taped to the
wallet. The rest was empty...but for just a fraction of a second, I felt
lucky... and somewhere, maybe no longer on this earth, is/was some
schmuck laughing his ass off.

A prank with a time-delay fuse....

My kind of prank. Sweet.
j4

Bill C. April 30th 05 04:50 AM

Robatoy wrote in message
on Friday 29 April 2005 10:56 pm:

I was reading FHB and it listed in the Forum a few incidents of people
finding interesting things while demolishing and renovating properties
they had moved into.
It reminded me of a time when I was removing a few kitchen base cabinets
and found an old wallet left behind in the kick. It had just a small
corner of a familiar colour brown 100 dollar (Canadian) bill poking out
from between the folds.
That's all there was... a small piece torn off a bill, taped to the
wallet. The rest was empty...but for just a fraction of a second, I felt
lucky... and somewhere, maybe no longer on this earth, is/was some
schmuck laughing his ass off.

A prank with a time-delay fuse....

Ummm ... you can keep the bill but can I have my wallet back now?

;-)

Bill

tom April 30th 05 05:07 AM

Robatoy Apr 29, 7:56 pm show options

Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
From: Robatoy -
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 22:56:59 -0400
Subject: OT.. a find.

I was reading FHB and it listed in the Forum a few incidents of people
finding interesting things while demolishing and renovating properties
they had moved into.
It reminded me of a time when I was removing a few kitchen base
cabinets
and found an old wallet left behind in the kick. It had just a small
corner of a familiar colour brown 100 dollar (Canadian) bill poking out

from between the folds.
That's all there was... a small piece torn off a bill, taped to the
wallet. The rest was empty...but for just a fraction of a second, I
felt
lucky... and somewhere, maybe no longer on this earth, is/was some
schmuck laughing his ass off.

A prank with a time-delay fuse....

Heheee, that's a good one! By the way, did anyone lose a big wad of
money with a rubber band around it? I've found the rubber band! Tom

Groggy April 30th 05 11:52 AM

On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 22:56:59 -0400, Robatoy
wrote:

A prank with a time-delay fuse....

Larfin' and larfin', sweet!

George April 30th 05 12:42 PM

"Robatoy" wrote in message
I was reading FHB and it listed in the Forum a few incidents of people
finding interesting things while demolishing and renovating properties
they had moved into.
It reminded me of a time when I was removing a few kitchen base cabinets
and found an old wallet left behind in the kick. It had just a small
corner of a familiar colour brown 100 dollar (Canadian) bill poking out
from between the folds.
That's all there was... a small piece torn off a bill, taped to the
wallet. The rest was empty...but for just a fraction of a second, I felt
lucky... and somewhere, maybe no longer on this earth, is/was some
schmuck laughing his ass off.

A prank with a time-delay fuse....

Sounds like the story of the Cadillac owner plagued by a thumping somewhere
left and below the driver's seat. After removing all the panels, a Coke
bottle - soda type - with a note was found.

The note read : "have fun finding this, you rich *******."

I'm more inclined to believe yours, though.