CNT

Default wood theme

I don't know if this ever was discussed about before. I just like to see
if it's possible to create a "wood theme" list or it's reputation. This
is generally for fun, maybe educational too? Let me start a little...

When we say/hear "pine", we think "shelf" or "is it finished?"
"red oak" = furniture, barely "cabinets" even it's widely used that way
"black walnut" = "wow", "end/coffee table"
"basswood" = fireplace mantel/shelf
"maple" = ?? I don't hear good things (from other people) about "maple"

We can even expand it's topics with it's kind, like:
"4x4" = deck posts
"2x4" = rough carpetry
"quartersawn" = neat
"burls" = "are you OK?" (been sick?)

Mainly, I am interested in wood theme itself. Following is a start list
(of course, add as you wish, like Mahogany, Butterwood, Birdseye, etc):

Ash
Basswood
Birch
Cedar
Cherry
Maple (hard)
Hickory
Pine
Poplar
Oak (red)
Oak (white)
Walnut
SonomaProducts.com

??? Why not try the 420 newsgroup, you might actually make sense over
there.

B a r r y

SonomaProducts.com wrote:
??? Why not try the 420 newsgroup, you might actually make sense over
there.

Or, we could eat some hay and make things out of clay. What do you say?
CNT

This isn't about "my car eat Fords and sh** Mopars"
CNT

Ash = old
Basswood = fireplace mantel/shelf
Birch = clean cabinets
Cedar = ceiling, smells good
Cherry = "where did you get that?"
Maple (hard) = "from your backyard?"
Hickory = strong/tough wood
Pine = shelf/shelves
Poplar = popular wood
Oak (red) = furniture
Oak (white) = "who made it?"
Walnut (black) = "wow", end/coffee table