Buddy Matlosz

Default Reliant bandsaw

Bought one from Woodworkers' Warehouse a few years back, now the power
switch died. Anyone know of a source for replacement parts?

TIA
Buddy

no(SPAM)vasys

Buddy Matlosz wrote:
Bought one from Woodworkers' Warehouse a few years back, now the power
switch died. Anyone know of a source for replacement parts?

TIA
Buddy

I believe Reliant and Grizzly bandsaws where made by the same
manufacturer. I'd try Grizzly's web site:

http://www.grizzly.com/products/item...F&site=grizzly

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

(Remove -SPAM- to send email)
Buddy Matlosz

"Ba r r y" wrote in message
On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 12:20:01 -0400, "Buddy Matlosz"
wrote:

Bought one from Woodworkers' Warehouse a few years back, now the power
switch died. Anyone know of a source for replacement parts?

If Jack's suggestion doesn't pan out, remember that switches are
standard items, functionally. You may have to drill some holes or
mount an external box to the tool, but you'll have use of it.

Ping if you need more help.

Barry

Actually, I got impatient and did just that. Got a toggle switch from Radio
****, and fabricated a new plate from sheet metal salvaged from an old
fluorescent fixture. It's good to be a packrat sometimes. Thanx anyway for
the suggestions.

B.

Charley

Using a toggle switch as a replacement can be a dangerous decision, although
it will do as a temporary fix if you understand the consequences of using
it. I believe that the original switch on these saws is a magnetic switch.
If the saw is running and the power goes off, the saw won't re-start when
the power comes back on, until you push the start button. The replacement
switch from Grizzley is likely the best (and safest) choice and you should
get rid of that toggle switch as soon as you can.

--
Charley
(retired safety engineer and fire marshal)

wrote:

Bought one from Woodworkers' Warehouse a few years back, now the power
switch died. Anyone know of a source for replacement parts?

If Jack's suggestion doesn't pan out, remember that switches are
standard items, functionally. You may have to drill some holes or
mount an external box to the tool, but you'll have use of it.

Ping if you need more help.

Barry

Actually, I got impatient and did just that. Got a toggle switch from

Radio
****, and fabricated a new plate from sheet metal salvaged from an old
fluorescent fixture. It's good to be a packrat sometimes. Thanx anyway for
the suggestions.

B.

I'm sure that the original was not a magnetic switch.

B a r r y

Charley wrote:
Using a toggle switch as a replacement can be a dangerous decision, although
it will do as a temporary fix if you understand the consequences of using
it. I believe that the original switch on these saws is a magnetic switch.

Most bandsaws in sizes that Reliant might have made don't use magnetic
switches. They usually use simple snap switches that look like magnetic
switches.

Barry

Verify my Bandsaw SFPM Calculations Please Wally Blackburn Metalworking 5 November 21st 04 01:21 AM
Old Delta bandsaw questions Jonathan Woodworking 1 November 20th 04 10:27 PM
Shopsmith bandsaw tires, no replacements for 1984 model. Jack Straight Woodworking 4 March 2nd 04 03:51 PM
Maloof: “Then I just cut ________ on the bandsaw charlie b Woodworking 12 November 16th 03 04:53 PM
Bandsaw Box... jim Woodworking 8 November 1st 03 05:07 PM