DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Delta Sliding Table Attachment (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/103906-delta-sliding-table-attachment.html)

Gary A in KC April 22nd 05 03:18 PM

Delta Sliding Table Attachment

I've always thought the idea of a nice crosscut sliding table attachment for
my Unisaw would be a nice addition. But the aftermarket add-ons like the
Excalibur were way to big for what I wanted.
Just saw the Delta sliding table attachment (delta 34-555) in a catalog and
looks like a more practical size version for my use. Have googled and read
some feedback on Amazon. Wondering if anyone here has any experience with
this add-on and would care to express an opinion?

Gary in KC

Patriarch April 22nd 05 03:51 PM

"Gary A in KC" wrote in
:

I've always thought the idea of a nice crosscut sliding table
attachment for my Unisaw would be a nice addition. But the aftermarket
add-ons like the Excalibur were way to big for what I wanted.
Just saw the Delta sliding table attachment (delta 34-555) in a
catalog and looks like a more practical size version for my use. Have
googled and read some feedback on Amazon. Wondering if anyone here has
any experience with this add-on and would care to express an opinion?

Gary in KC

A tablesaw crosscutting sled was one of the more useful things I've built
in my shop. In fact, three or four of them. The largest of mine takes up
to a 22" crosscut.

A Google search on the archives should yield a couple of interesting
threads on design and function, from just the last several years. Your
financial investment will likely be $10.

Patriarch

SonomaProducts.com April 22nd 05 05:42 PM

It depends on the type of work you'll be doing. If you are cross
cutting lots of small parts this would be a sweet setup. However, if
your working with panels or longer pieces on a regular basis this won't
have the stability you need.

This is just general opinion. I have not worked with this model. But
seeing how most shops I've been in don't have sliding tables unless
it's the real deal $20k+ saw you just don't see them.

If I was going to spend $350 on my Unisaw, I would build it into a
larger table and build a few cross cut sleds.