Old April 14th 05, 04:47 AM
Lew Hodgett

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

In addition to these, there are many non-toxic epoxy coatings.

http://www.lkecity.com/putty.html

snip

Don't confuse uncured with cured states.

Uncured, amine hardener based epoxies are definitely toxic.

Cured, they are inert.

Lew

Old April 14th 05, 04:48 AM
David

Years ago I bought an expensive kit of blue epoxy for a GE dishwasher
rack. Now I'm wondering if that was a "non-toxic" type of epoxy...

Dave

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
ink.net...

Icepick wrote:

Epoxy is great stuff . I was wondering if a non-toxic variety of epoxy
has been developed yet ?

Not that I'm aware of.

Lew

In addition to these, there are many non-toxic epoxy coatings.

http://www.lkecity.com/putty.html

Food-Safe Adhesive
A two-component, low-viscosity EP48 epoxy has high strength and good
electrical insulation properties. It can be used to seal and coat metallic
and nonmetallic substrates and conforms to Title 21, U.S. Code of Federal
Regulations, FDA Chapter 1, Section 175-105 and 173.300 for food
applications. The epoxy has a 100:75 mix ratio and is 100% reactive. It
resists chemicals and prolonged submersion in water, dilute acids,
alkalines, aggressive organic solvents, ethanol, isopropanol, mineral
spirits, and gasoline. EP48 has a Shore-D hardness of 70+ and a tensile
strength of 5 kpsi. It is available in pint, gallon, and 5-gallon kits.

Masterbond Inc.,
154 Hobart St.,
Hackensack, NJ 07601,
(201) 343-8983,
masterbond.com

Old April 14th 05, 11:19 PM
Icepick

Seems to have worked fine.

Icepick wrote:

Well that is encouraging and since I glued up a project last night
I'll let you know how it went in a couple of days.

David wrote:

Absolutely!

Dave

Icepick wrote:

I 'm using slow set epoxy .

Old April 22nd 05, 08:21 PM
toller

"David" wrote in message
Absolutely!

Though of course... epoxy does not dry, it hardens.

Old April 23rd 05, 05:06 AM
David

deja vu.

Dave