Kett2000

Default Dunlap 3-Wheel Band Saw made by Sears Model # 534.01120

Can anyone tell me how to find more information about this tool made by
Sears-Roebuck (sp)? I know it is old and belt driven but do not know if
it is worth cleaning up or has any value.
Thanks

Posted to rec.woodworking

replying to Kett2000, Shawnmav wrote:
I have one and you would be better off buying a new one if you intend to do
any real detail or accurate cutting. I use mine to just rough cut small or
light materi which may be to long to fit in the garbage can or just cutting
something for blocking material and such.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...1120-8130-.htm

Posted to rec.woodworking

replying to Shawnmav, SM wrote:
Update to my earlier post. I put new rubber on the three rollers and installed
a new blade on mine. Then decided to attempt to cut out some stars that were
traced out on a 2x4 that were 3/4" in diameter. I cut out the first one then
sliced it in to thin wafers. I could get about 8 stars out of one piece. I
made a total of 54 of them. The saw cut very precisely and I by no means am a
band saw wizard. It took a little time to get the blade to track but once I
got it set it did actually work quite well. I picked this saw up at a garage
sale about 20 years ago for less than 25 dollars if I remember correctly.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...1120-8130-.htm