Default Need info on leather /fabric sofas

Hi

Need info on leather /fabric sofas

We are thinking of buying a new sofa set.
We are thinking of beige, light cream.

We have 2 kids 12 and 9. Both like to munch snacks on the sofa while
watching TV.

What are your thoughts re cleaning light colored leather from snack
stains ?

What are the main drawbacks to leather sofas ? or pluses
compared to fabric ? besides price

Does leather get stretched and look saggy(creases and waves) in a short
while ? Does it get crumpled looking ?

I am worried that in the showroom the leather sofas looks good but I do
not what it will look like in a year or so ?
Because I have never had one.So I have no experience.

Thanks
Tina

brianlanning

We have 2 kids 12 and 9. Both like to munch snacks on the sofa while
watching TV.

I have 6 from 2 to 13.

What are your thoughts re cleaning light colored leather from snack
stains ?

Our leather sofas didn't have any stain problems, but they're black.

What are the main drawbacks to leather sofas ? or pluses
compared to fabric ? besides price

I'm getting ready to recover the cloth seat cushions on our diningroom
set because they're stained beyond recognition. The leather gets
dirtyfied from time to time and we clean it. Nothing soaks in.

We were worried about the dog poking holes in the leather with her
claws, but it hasn't been a problem in several years. No holes yet.
Oh, dog hair is less of a problem with the leather.

Does leather get stretched and look saggy(creases and waves) in a
short
while ? Does it get crumpled looking ?

I think it maybe has a few more wrinkles than when it was new, but they
don't look bad. I bet people would pay extra to have their leather
distressed to look like ours does now.

I am worried that in the showroom the leather sofas looks good but I
do not what it will look like in a year or so ?
Because I have never had one.So I have no experience.

Leather has definitly been a winner in our house. And our children are
extremely destructive.

I had light beige leather seats in a vw passat back in 1996. When I
had the car for about two months, my oldest daughter got a hold of a
black ball point pen and drew pictures all over them before we stopped
her. I was convinced that they were ruined. It cleaned up perfectly
with acetone.

brian