Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Old Sears 10" RAS

"From my cold dead hands..." :-)

--

Digger

Attached Thumbnails
Old Sears 10" RAS-fscn0053-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Sun, 25 Oct 2015 14:50:02 -0400, Digger
wrote:

"From my cold dead hands..." :-)

That one is a newer version than mine. Mine has a handle right behind
the knob, not the "T" in the arm like yours.

I can run an 8 foot dado on it much easier than my table saw, with a
whole lot less effort.
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

wrote:

"From my cold dead hands..." :-)

That one is a newer version than mine. Mine has a handle right behind
the knob, not the "T" in the arm like yours.

I can run an 8 foot dado on it much easier than my table saw, with a
whole lot less effort.

8 foot dado? That is a wide board.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

wrote:

"From my cold dead hands..." :-)

That one is a newer version than mine. Mine has a handle right behind
the knob, not the "T" in the arm like yours.

I can run an 8 foot dado on it much easier than my table saw, with a
whole lot less effort.

8 foot dado? That is a wide board.

LOL, I should have said 8 ft long. My bad.
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

wrote:

"From my cold dead hands..." :-)

That one is a newer version than mine. Mine has a handle right behind
the knob, not the "T" in the arm like yours.

I can run an 8 foot dado on it much easier than my table saw, with a
whole lot less effort.

I like mine as well. Bought it used at pawn shop 9 years ago for $75.00
w/table and legs. Replaced carriage bearings, guide rails and table, now
extremely solid. Permanently drop mounted within a slippery 20' Masonite
topped bench (10' ea side of blade), much like a recessed chop saw.

I also use it more than my TS for Quick dadoes and long rabbits. Much
faster than setting up TS, jigs, giant sleds and/or changing router bits
....frees my router/TS for other uses. Once I setup a router or TS for a
particular function, I hate changing in and out again and having to
spend the added time re-adjusting to precise repeatability.

And yes, I would agree that proper pre-planing and logical workflow may
certainly reduce the number of changes necessary, but I'm not exactly
famous for sticking to my own storypoles either! I do woodworking for
fun not for a living and changes are inevitable. :-)

But, just my own personal preference and not necessarily applicable to
anyone else.

And now I shall simply duck under my desk and wait out the incoming flak!!!

:-)

--

Digger

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

wrote:

"From my cold dead hands..." :-)

That one is a newer version than mine. Mine has a handle right behind
the knob, not the "T" in the arm like yours.

I can run an 8 foot dado on it much easier than my table saw, with a
whole lot less effort.

8 foot dado? That is a wide board.

Now that, was a great catch! Kudos!

--

Digger

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

wrote:

"From my cold dead hands..." :-)

That one is a newer version than mine. Mine has a handle right behind
the knob, not the "T" in the arm like yours.

I can run an 8 foot dado on it much easier than my table saw, with a
whole lot less effort.

8 foot dado? That is a wide board.

They grow 'em big up there...

--

-Mike-

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Digger wrote:

But, just my own personal preference and not necessarily applicable to
anyone else.

And now I shall simply duck under my desk and wait out the incoming
flak!!!

Won't help you. You'll have to come up for food or sex sooner or later, and
we'll be waiting...

--

-Mike-

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

wrote:

"From my cold dead hands..." :-)

That one is a newer version than mine. Mine has a handle right behind
the knob, not the "T" in the arm like yours.

I can run an 8 foot dado on it much easier than my table saw, with a
whole lot less effort.

8 foot dado? That is a wide board.

LOL, I should have said 8 ft long. My bad.

Still, an 8 foot long dado, that is a wide board. ;~) I'm yanking your
chain. I'm sure you mean 8 foot groove.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On 10/30/2015 6:27 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Digger wrote:

But, just my own personal preference and not necessarily applicable to
anyone else.

And now I shall simply duck under my desk and wait out the incoming
flak!!!

Won't help you. You'll have to come up for food or sex sooner or later, and
we'll be waiting...

sooooo are you wanting to eat with him or have sex with him? '~)

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Digger wrote in
:

*snip*
And yes, I would agree that proper pre-planing and logical workflow
may certainly reduce the number of changes necessary, but I'm not
exactly famous for sticking to my own storypoles either! I do
woodworking for fun not for a living and changes are inevitable. :-)

*snip*

You mean your storypoles are works of fiction?

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in
:

Digger wrote:

But, just my own personal preference and not necessarily applicable
to anyone else.

And now I shall simply duck under my desk and wait out the incoming
flak!!!

Won't help you. You'll have to come up for food or sex sooner or
later, and we'll be waiting...

sooooo are you wanting to eat with him or have sex with him? '~)

Perhaps it was a binary OR. 1 OR 1 = 1

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

wrote:

"From my cold dead hands..." :-)

That one is a newer version than mine. Mine has a handle right behind
the knob, not the "T" in the arm like yours.

I can run an 8 foot dado on it much easier than my table saw, with a
whole lot less effort.

8 foot dado? That is a wide board.

LOL, I should have said 8 ft long. My bad.

Still, an 8 foot long dado, that is a wide board. ;~) I'm yanking your
chain. I'm sure you mean 8 foot groove.

Yes, it was a .709 wide Dado, and I didn't quite get it right on first
past, and with an 8ft long run I wasn't about to go over it again with
the Dado rig. So I went to the local Wormcraft store to by a 1/2"
plane, fortunately it was on sale, but NOOOooo they didn't stock it.

Frustrated I rigged up a sanding block, kept my edges square and
opened it up ever so slightly and it fit hurrah! it fit.

I secretly still would like one of those pretty chromed up planes but
the cost kills me.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On 10/31/2015 1:52 AM, Puckdropper wrote:
Digger wrote in
:

*snip*
And yes, I would agree that proper pre-planing and logical workflow
may certainly reduce the number of changes necessary, but I'm not
exactly famous for sticking to my own storypoles either! I do
woodworking for fun not for a living and changes are inevitable. :-)

*snip*

You mean your storypoles are works of fiction?

Puckdropper

:-)

Always well intentioned, but those light bulbs keep flashing in my head
and reek havoc on best laid plans-on-a-stick. "hmmm... let's see now, if
I change this demension here, it might look even better there, and
soooo...." And, of course, some guy named Murphy is always screwing with
me!!!

--

Digger
Bob O'Dell