Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Antique Patio

And yes, there was woodworking in this mix.
We made forms and filled them with 17 yards of concrete.
Also backfilled 60 yards of road base and compacted it at 6" lifts.
The Brick are Star Brick from back east, and were shipped to Calif.
The pond will have a mill stone in the center that water runs off, and into
a pool of water with flat black Mexican beach stones, that the water will
land on.
The brick patio has over 2400 bricks if not more.....lost count.
They are from the late 1890's and wood fired in brick kilns salt glazed.....
Enclosed are a few pictures.

The pond was a trick also.....using 1x6 bender board, we made dual forms the
were sunk below patio level with drains, and such.......
John

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On 10/17/2015 8:08 PM, jloomis wrote:
And yes, there was woodworking in this mix.
We made forms and filled them with 17 yards of concrete.
Also backfilled 60 yards of road base and compacted it at 6" lifts.
The Brick are Star Brick from back east, and were shipped to Calif.
The pond will have a mill stone in the center that water runs off, and
into a pool of water with flat black Mexican beach stones, that the
water will land on.
The brick patio has over 2400 bricks if not more.....lost count.
They are from the late 1890's and wood fired in brick kilns salt
glazed.....
Enclosed are a few pictures.

The pond was a trick also.....using 1x6 bender board, we made dual forms
the were sunk below patio level with drains, and such.......
John

Very Cool! Can you come build one for me now? ;~)
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Yes, I will be right down...
John or up?

"Leon" wrote in message

On 10/17/2015 8:08 PM, jloomis wrote:
And yes, there was woodworking in this mix.
We made forms and filled them with 17 yards of concrete.
Also backfilled 60 yards of road base and compacted it at 6" lifts.
The Brick are Star Brick from back east, and were shipped to Calif.
The pond will have a mill stone in the center that water runs off, and
into a pool of water with flat black Mexican beach stones, that the
water will land on.
The brick patio has over 2400 bricks if not more.....lost count.
They are from the late 1890's and wood fired in brick kilns salt
glazed.....
Enclosed are a few pictures.

The pond was a trick also.....using 1x6 bender board, we made dual forms
the were sunk below patio level with drains, and such.......
John

Very Cool! Can you come build one for me now? ;~)

New concrete patio over old patio HerHusband Home Repair 5 July 25th 15 07:02 AM
Shopsmith - antique or just old? Jeannie Woodturning 6 August 11th 08 03:15 AM
Antique CH timer Keith Dunbar UK diy 6 December 12th 07 09:50 PM
Patio Ideas - Stepping Out With Stone Patio Designs And Brick Patio Patterns trav Home Repair 1 September 24th 07 04:15 PM
Antique oak Jeff and Jennifer Cook Woodworking 2 January 7th 05 05:33 AM