DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   A visitor (0/1) (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking-plans-photos/384107-re-visitor-0-1-a.html)

woodchucker[_3_] June 18th 15 01:32 AM

A visitor (0/1)

On 6/17/2015 2:19 PM, Markem wrote:
Past two evening this little one has sleeping in the yard.

That probably means that the mother is dead, if she's not around.
Probably got hit by a car since its not hunting season.

--
Jeff

Markem[_2_] June 18th 15 05:42 AM

A visitor (0/1)

On Wed, 17 Jun 2015 20:32:01 -0400, woodchucker
wrote:

On 6/17/2015 2:19 PM, Markem wrote:
Past two evening this little one has sleeping in the yard.

That probably means that the mother is dead, if she's not around.
Probably got hit by a car since its not hunting season.

No mom is around but off feeding, faun is less than aweek old.

Dave in Texas June 19th 15 03:05 AM

A visitor (0/1)

1 Attachment(s)
"woodchucker" wrote in message

On 6/17/2015 2:19 PM, Markem wrote:
Past two evening this little one has sleeping in the yard.

That probably means that the mother is dead, if she's not around.
Probably got hit by a car since its not hunting season.

Not necessarily. Mom regularly leaves the fawn [usually better hidden]
to browse/eat.
This girl was in our back yard the other day and obviously had been hit by a
car. If the compound break doesn't become infected she could survive on
three legs.

Dave in SoTex

Casper June 21st 15 10:55 PM

A visitor (0/1)

"Dave in Texas" was heard to mutter:

"woodchucker" wrote in message

On 6/17/2015 2:19 PM, Markem wrote:
Past two evening this little one has sleeping in the yard.

That probably means that the mother is dead, if she's not around.
Probably got hit by a car since its not hunting season.

Not necessarily. Mom regularly leaves the fawn [usually better hidden]
to browse/eat.
This girl was in our back yard the other day and obviously had been hit by a
car. If the compound break doesn't become infected she could survive on
three legs.

Dave in SoTex

Notify Animal Control. No need for that one to suffer.

Dave in SoTex June 25th 15 02:52 PM

A visitor (0/1)

"Casper" wrote in message
"Dave in Texas" was heard to mutter:

"woodchucker" wrote in message

On 6/17/2015 2:19 PM, Markem wrote:
Past two evening this little one has sleeping in the yard.

That probably means that the mother is dead, if she's not around.
Probably got hit by a car since its not hunting season.

Not necessarily. Mom regularly leaves the fawn [usually better
hidden]
to browse/eat.
This girl was in our back yard the other day and obviously had been hit by
car. If the compound break doesn't become infected she could survive on
three legs.

Dave in SoTex

Notify Animal Control. No need for that one to suffer.

Texas Parks & Wildlife said to leave her alone; they often survive these
types of injuries. If they came out they would put her down.

Dave in SoTex