DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Test (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking-plans-photos/378531-test.html)

Ian James[_3_] February 22nd 15 02:00 PM

Test

Since I joined frugalusenet, I've not seen any new posts on this group?

Mike Marlow[_2_] February 22nd 15 06:25 PM

Test

Ian James wrote:
Since I joined frugalusenet, I've not seen any new posts on this
group?

Don't know when you joined, but this group does not get a lot of activity.
It used to get more, but people tend to post their pictures on free web
sites now, much more than posting them here.

--

-Mike-

Ian James[_3_] February 22nd 15 06:41 PM

Test

On 22/02/2015 17:25, Mike Marlow wrote:
Ian James wrote:
Since I joined frugalusenet, I've not seen any new posts on this
group?

Don't know when you joined, but this group does not get a lot of activity.
It used to get more, but people tend to post their pictures on free web
sites now, much more than posting them here.

Thanks Mike. I though that might be the case but I'd not seen anything
on here for weeks.

Ian

Puckdropper[_2_] February 22nd 15 08:41 PM

Test

Ian James wrote in
:

Ian James wrote:
Since I joined frugalusenet, I've not seen any new posts on this
group?

Don't know when you joined, but this group does not get a lot of
activity. It used to get more, but people tend to post their pictures
on free web sites now, much more than posting them here.

Thanks Mike. I though that might be the case but I'd not seen anything
on here for weeks.

Ian

Neither have I, and I've been using Astraweb for a long time. In this
case, your reality matches my own. :-)

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.

Mike Marlow[_2_] February 22nd 15 09:01 PM

Test

Puckdropper wrote:
Ian James wrote in
:

Ian James wrote:
Since I joined frugalusenet, I've not seen any new posts on this
group?

Don't know when you joined, but this group does not get a lot of
activity. It used to get more, but people tend to post their
pictures on free web sites now, much more than posting them here.

Thanks Mike. I though that might be the case but I'd not seen
anything on here for weeks.

Ian

Neither have I, and I've been using Astraweb for a long time. In this
case, your reality matches my own. :-)

Puckdropper

Likewise here. I keep this newsgroup active in my reader, and I can't even
remember the last time I saw a post here. Best to just watch
rec.woodworking - generally if people post to this group, they will also
post to the rec.woodworking, alerting people to look here. Otherwise - this
is a pretty dead group.

--

-Mike-

[email protected] February 22nd 15 10:41 PM

Test

The last post here was 12/28/2014

The last binary post here was 12/23/2014

Bill[_47_] February 22nd 15 11:04 PM

Test

wrote:
The last post here was 12/28/2014

The last binary post here was 12/23/2014

Alot of excitement over here today! ; )

Swingman February 23rd 15 02:13 AM

Test

1 Attachment(s)
On 2/22/2015 11:25 AM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Ian James wrote:
Since I joined frugalusenet, I've not seen any new posts on this
group?

Don't know when you joined, but this group does not get a lot of activity.
It used to get more, but people tend to post their pictures on free web
sites now, much more than posting them here.

Hate to see someone disappointed:

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net

G. Ross February 23rd 15 06:12 AM

Test

Ian James wrote:
Since I joined frugalusenet, I've not seen any new posts on this
group?

Don't know when you joined, but this group does not get a lot of activity.
It used to get more, but people tend to post their pictures on free web
sites now, much more than posting them here.

Hate to see someone disappointed:

Well, I AM! Are you sure that is a .jpg file? I tried to open it and
it was all data with the tag "Photoshop Elements ".

--
 GW Ross

 I'm a nobody, nobody is perfect,
 therefore I'm perfect.

Bill[_47_] February 23rd 15 06:50 AM

Test

Ian James wrote:
Since I joined frugalusenet, I've not seen any new posts on this
group?

Don't know when you joined, but this group does not get a lot of
activity.
It used to get more, but people tend to post their pictures on free web
sites now, much more than posting them here.

Hate to see someone disappointed:

Well, I AM! Are you sure that is a .jpg file? I tried to open it and
it was all data with the tag "Photoshop Elements ".

It didn't open right for me either.

Puckdropper[_2_] February 23rd 15 06:57 AM

Test

Bill wrote in
:

G. Ross wrote:
Swingman wrote:

Hate to see someone disappointed:

Well, I AM! Are you sure that is a .jpg file? I tried to open it
and it was all data with the tag "Photoshop Elements ".

It didn't open right for me either.

Worked right for me using Xnews.

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.

Jim Kirchner February 23rd 15 12:29 PM

Test

On 2/22/2015 11:57 PM, Puckdropper wrote:
Bill wrote in
:

G. Ross wrote:
Swingman wrote:

Hate to see someone disappointed:

Well, I AM! Are you sure that is a .jpg file? I tried to open it
and it was all data with the tag "Photoshop Elements ".

It didn't open right for me either.

Worked right for me using Xnews.

Puckdropper

Opened just fine on Thunderbird.

Jim

Mike Marlow[_2_] February 23rd 15 03:11 PM

Test

Puckdropper wrote:
Bill wrote in
:

G. Ross wrote:
Swingman wrote:

Hate to see someone disappointed:

Well, I AM! Are you sure that is a .jpg file? I tried to open it
and it was all data with the tag "Photoshop Elements ".

It didn't open right for me either.

Worked right for me using Xnews.

Worked just fine for me as well, using OE.

--

-Mike-

[email protected] February 23rd 15 10:22 PM

Test

On Sun, 22 Feb 2015 19:13:36 -0600, Swingman wrote:
Hate to see someone disappointed:

And how long have you been looking for an acceptable excuse to post
that image? :)

Bill[_47_] February 24th 15 01:37 AM

Test

Puckdropper wrote:
Bill wrote in
:

G. Ross wrote:
Swingman wrote:
Hate to see someone disappointed:

Well, I AM! Are you sure that is a .jpg file? I tried to open it
and it was all data with the tag "Photoshop Elements ".

It didn't open right for me either.

Worked right for me using Xnews.

Puckdropper

I was able to view it after saving it to my desktop.
I thought it was great; it reminded me of myself! : )

Bill

Leon[_5_] February 24th 15 06:16 AM

Test

Bill wrote:
Puckdropper wrote:
Bill wrote in
:

G. Ross wrote:
Swingman wrote:
Hate to see someone disappointed:

Well, I AM! Are you sure that is a .jpg file? I tried to open it
and it was all data with the tag "Photoshop Elements ".

It didn't open right for me either.

Worked right for me using Xnews.

Puckdropper

I was able to view it after saving it to my desktop.
I thought it was great; it reminded me of myself! : )

Bill

I never pictured you looking like that guy. LOL

Bill[_47_] February 24th 15 11:03 AM

Test

Leon wrote:
Bill wrote:
Puckdropper wrote:
Bill wrote in
:

G. Ross wrote:
Swingman wrote:
Hate to see someone disappointed:

Well, I AM! Are you sure that is a .jpg file? I tried to open it
and it was all data with the tag "Photoshop Elements ".

It didn't open right for me either.

Worked right for me using Xnews.

Puckdropper

I was able to view it after saving it to my desktop.
I thought it was great; it reminded me of myself! : )

Bill

I never pictured you looking like that guy. LOL

A few of us around here could probably be a stand-in for that guy!
Give him a few weeks and a few Festools.... : )

Swingman February 24th 15 01:14 PM

Test

On 2/23/2015 3:22 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 22 Feb 2015 19:13:36 -0600, Swingman wrote:
Hate to see someone disappointed:

And how long have you been looking for an acceptable excuse to post
that image? :)

That was actually posted here about 15 years ago.

Puckdropper[_2_] February 24th 15 02:54 PM

Test

Bill wrote in
:

A few of us around here could probably be a stand-in for that guy!
Give him a few weeks and a few Festools.... : )

I did feel that kind of pride when I cut my first boards from a tree. I
still smile when I go to make something out of that wood, there's a sense
of pride knowing that it was once my tree and now it's my project.

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.

Leon[_7_] February 25th 15 02:23 AM

Test

On 2/24/2015 7:54 AM, Puckdropper wrote:
Bill wrote in
:

A few of us around here could probably be a stand-in for that guy!
Give him a few weeks and a few Festools.... : )

I did feel that kind of pride when I cut my first boards from a tree. I
still smile when I go to make something out of that wood, there's a sense
of pride knowing that it was once my tree and now it's my project.

Puckdropper

I still have a cut off end about 4" long, from a 3"x3"x 10' piece of
maple that I used for legs on a butcher block. I built that 35 years
ago and 2 residences ago.

The crap we hang on to.. LOL

Bill[_47_] February 25th 15 02:42 AM

Test

Leon wrote:
On 2/24/2015 7:54 AM, Puckdropper wrote:
Bill wrote in
:

A few of us around here could probably be a stand-in for that guy!
Give him a few weeks and a few Festools.... : )

I did feel that kind of pride when I cut my first boards from a tree. I
still smile when I go to make something out of that wood, there's a
sense
of pride knowing that it was once my tree and now it's my project.

Puckdropper

I still have a cut off end about 4" long, from a 3"x3"x 10' piece of
maple that I used for legs on a butcher block. I built that 35 years
ago and 2 residences ago.

The crap we hang on to.. LOL

When I used to leave my dad's house, he used to shove a paper grocery
bag under my arm, saying "No, no, open it when you get home.", on a
regular basis. He couldn't resist those Ace/Aco 1-cent give-aways
either. It seems like we get a box of stuff from my wife's parents
almost every week. You are not being creative enough, Leon.