Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Pulpwood Saw

--
 GW Ross

 Macho does not prove Mucho.

Attached Thumbnails
Pulpwood Saw-pulpwood-saw-2-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

G. Ross wrote:

that does not appear to be OSHA approved equipment or
Sharpton for that matter

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"G. Ross" wrote:

 GW Ross

 Macho does not prove Mucho.

---------------------------------------
Reminds me of the brush saw my uncle designed and built to
go on the front end of his 1938 J Deere tractor.

Talk about nothing runs like a Deere.

Lew

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"ChairMan" wrote in news:sobgw.347823$5U6.144627
@fx01.iad:

G. Ross wrote:

that does not appear to be OSHA approved equipment or
Sharpton for that matter

Maybe not, but it's probably quite safe. The blade pushes the chips away
from the operator, and the operator has the machine between him and the
blade. Wheel chocks may be a good idea, as the blade would tend to push
the saw back towards the operator if something bound.

The big dangerous spinning blade should keep others away. It's the kind of
human engineering I'd like to term "It's dangerous, make it look
dangerous."

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

G. Ross wrote:

that does not appear to be OSHA approved equipment or
Sharpton for that matter

Maybe not, but it's probably quite safe. The blade pushes the chips away
from the operator, and the operator has the machine between him and the
blade. Wheel chocks may be a good idea, as the blade would tend to push
the saw back towards the operator if something bound.

The big dangerous spinning blade should keep others away. It's the kind of
human engineering I'd like to term "It's dangerous, make it look
dangerous."

Puckdropper

So right, I've worked around industrial planers in lumber production all
my working life. All planers are dangerous but the belt machines have a
better safety record simply because they look every bit as dangerous as
they are, and when shut off everything stops at the same time.

Motorized machines look less intimidating and the heads all coast down
at different times

basilisk

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Dont hit a rock.....
john

"G. Ross" wrote in message

 GW Ross

 Macho does not prove Mucho.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

G. Ross wrote:

that does not appear to be OSHA approved equipment or
Sharpton for that matter

Maybe not, but it's probably quite safe. The blade pushes
the chips
away from the operator, and the operator has the machine
between him
and the blade. Wheel chocks may be a good idea, as the
blade would
tend to push the saw back towards the operator if
something bound.

The big dangerous spinning blade should keep others away.
It's the
kind of human engineering I'd like to term "It's
dangerous, make it
look dangerous."

Puckdropper

Sorry......I forgot to put a sarcasm tag at the end of that.
I guess I thought the Sharpton reference made it ; )