DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Another project completed and set up (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking-plans-photos/369553-another-project-completed-set-up.html)

Leon[_7_] April 7th 14 11:08 PM

Another project completed and set up

3 weeks after buying the materials for the sewing desk it is complete
and ready for my wife to clutter up. ;~)

The only thing real fancy is the joinery, which you cannot see, and the
soft close 24" full extension soft close drawer slides.

The desk top is approximately 97" x 30" total. Because of the shorter
8' ceilings and hair pin turn at the top of the stairs I felt it best to
make the top into two sections, split in half front to back. The gap is
hardly noticeable. Two draw latches on the bottom and 5 Domino tenons,
on the mating edges of the tops hold the halves together and in
registration to each other. The front and back apron/bridges are
attached to the end cabinets with 5/16" bolts threaded into eight
threaded inserts on the sides of both cabinets.

Empty

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/13703016725/

Left View with $5k worth of sewing machines, The one on the left is
simply a HD Viking Husqvarna sewing machine and the one on the right is
a Husqvarna Topaz embroidery machine.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...n/photostream/

Right View

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...n/photostream/