DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Sweetgum bowl (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking-plans-photos/369097-sweetgum-bowl.html)

G. Ross March 23rd 14 04:25 PM

Sweetgum bowl

1 Attachment(s)
Color rendering and focus poor as per usual with me.
--
 GW Ross

 If money could talk, it would say
 goodbye.

jloomis[_2_] March 24th 14 01:38 AM

Sweetgum bowl

Like the knotty wood.
After years of putting up clear, all hrt, no knots, no split, no rot......
I love the color and texture, of irregularity in wood.....
I always have actually, just held back in so many instances with
installation...
john

G. Ross March 24th 14 01:57 AM

Sweetgum bowl

"G. Ross" wrote in message

Color rendering and focus poor as per usual with me.

Thanks.
Not many blanks from Sweetgum have knots, and I used to hate them.
Now they sell better than ones without.

--
 GW Ross

 Funny, only sensible people agree
 with me.

Lew Hodgett[_6_] March 24th 14 02:24 AM

Sweetgum bowl

"G. Ross" wrote:

Color rendering and focus poor as per usual with me.

--------------------------------------
Purdy.

Lew

G. Ross March 24th 14 12:07 PM

Sweetgum bowl

Lew Hodgett wrote:
"G. Ross" wrote:

Color rendering and focus poor as per usual with me.

--------------------------------------
Purdy.

Lew

Thanks. It is thicker than I usually make them but the knot was
unstable and I was afraid it would fly away if I got it much thinner.

Leon[_5_] March 27th 14 05:27 AM

Sweetgum bowl

"G. Ross" wrote:
Color rendering and focus poor as per usual with me.

--
 GW Ross

 If money could talk, it would say
 goodbye.

Wish that bowl was sitting on my table. Nice.

G. Ross March 27th 14 11:44 AM

Sweetgum bowl

Leon wrote:
"G. wrote:
Color rendering and focus poor as per usual with me.

--
 GW Ross

 If money could talk, it would say
 goodbye.

Wish that bowl was sitting on my table. Nice.

Thanks. It's long gone.

FlSteve March 21st 15 07:17 PM

That is a beautiful bowl showing fine craftsmanship. Also, the photography is very good. Love the coloring, the irregularities. What's your finish?

Steve

Quote:

Originally Posted by G. Ross (Post 3215394)