DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Just finished Gate (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking-plans-photos/368310-just-finished-gate.html)

jloomis[_2_] February 27th 14 03:21 PM

Just finished Gate

Gate design and install.
Just finished painting with copper and bronze paint and patina.
john

Mike Marlow[_2_] February 27th 14 03:43 PM

Just finished Gate

jloomis wrote:
Gate design and install.
Just finished painting with copper and bronze paint and patina.
john

Very cool John! Did you fab the gate?

--

-Mike-

G. Ross February 27th 14 03:58 PM

Just finished Gate

jloomis wrote:
Gate design and install.
Just finished painting with copper and bronze paint and patina.
john

I've seen a lot of gates, but none as pretty as this. Looks like a
picture!

--
 GW Ross

 I am NOT stubborn. I am merely
 correct.

jloomis[_2_] February 27th 14 05:34 PM

Just finished Gate

I did a graphic drawing on a grid. I had an artist help the fabricator lay
out the pattern on the welding floor.
Had to get the gate Hot dipped Galvanized. Then I copper and bronzed it.
I did all the construction, posts, wood work, driveway, and decks and
patio's in the back.

john

jloomis[_2_] February 27th 14 05:38 PM

Just finished Gate

Thank You for the comment.....
It was a labor of love.....
john

Mike Marlow[_2_] February 27th 14 08:18 PM

Just finished Gate

jloomis wrote:
I did a graphic drawing on a grid. I had an artist help the
fabricator lay out the pattern on the welding floor.
Had to get the gate Hot dipped Galvanized. Then I copper and bronzed
it. I did all the construction, posts, wood work, driveway, and decks
and patio's in the back.

That is really cool John. Lots of work and lots of intricate detail that I
can appreciate. It takes a lot more to put all of those pieces together
than most may realize, and I want to acknowlege your effort. Then it takes
a lot of intricate work to make it all line up so that it looks like it was
all so easy...

Great job...

--

-Mike-

Dave In Texas March 14th 14 04:02 AM

Just finished Gate

"jloomis" wrote in message ...

Gate design and install.
Just finished painting with copper and bronze paint and patina.
john

I do believe you've got a future there J-Loo. Really, really well done.

Dave in SoTex

jloomis[_2_] March 15th 14 04:26 PM

Just finished Gate

Thank You for the comment. the owner is having issues with cost
over-runs....
And it is an unusual product, hand made, with a delivery and pickup to a
Galvanizing company.
The paint itself was very expensive.....
When one gets near the end of a job it seems something always comes up.
john