Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Rubber band racers

For the 5 & 7 year old grandsons. Got plans & parts (axles, wheels and
rubber bands) from a Meisel catalog several years ago.

Attached Thumbnails
Rubber band racers-img_1536-jpg  Rubber band racers-img_1537-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Doug Winterburn" wrote:

For the 5 & 7 year old grandsons. Got plans & parts (axles, wheels
and
rubber bands) from a Meisel catalog several years ago.

May your grandsons get have as much pleasure playing with them
as you obviously had making them.

Lew

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On 12/23/2013 4:16 PM, Doug Winterburn wrote:
For the 5 & 7 year old grandsons. Got plans & parts (axles, wheels and
rubber bands) from a Meisel catalog several years ago.

Pretty cool, during testing ;~), did they ever lift the front wheels on
take off?

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On 12/23/2013 07:03 PM, Leon wrote:
On 12/23/2013 4:16 PM, Doug Winterburn wrote:
For the 5 & 7 year old grandsons. Got plans & parts (axles, wheels and
rubber bands) from a Meisel catalog several years ago.

Pretty cool, during testing ;~), did they ever lift the front wheels on
take off?

No wheelies yet :-) I'm going to let the grandsons "break them in"
(they won't look as they do now after a few hours). I just did a couple
of tests without winding up too much, so only got a 30 ft run or so.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Love those kind of toys.
Reminds me of the days when we made coaster racers for tracks that had
higher to lower runway.......
Then they went motor.

Also I did get some interesting presents from a company that made steam
engine boats....
Simple put puts.........
for my boys.......
Not exactly a working with wood model, but a model none the less to learn
about steam, and matches.
john

b.com...