Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default T-Splitter

Attached Thumbnails
T-Splitter-splitter1w-jpg  T-Splitter-splitter2w-jpg  T-Splitter-splitter3w-jpg  T-Splitter-splitter4w-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

John Grossbohlin wrote:

Thank you for the great pics John. A picture is worth a thousand words!

I take it that this splitter is held in place with one bolt (that's all
I have there).

Bill
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Bill" wrote in message ...

Thank you for the great pics John. A picture is worth a thousand words!

I take it that this splitter is held in place with one bolt (that's all I
have there).

Actually 2... the one you see and another one that passes through the larger
hole and is secured by a nut.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Bill" wrote in message ...

Thank you for the great pics John. A picture is worth a thousand words!

I take it that this splitter is held in place with one bolt (that's
all I have there).

Actually 2... the one you see and another one that passes through the
larger hole and is secured by a nut.

What's the brand & cost? I noticed the warning on the splitter saying
to always use the overhead guard. Is that part of the package? Any
photos of it?

....Kevin
--
Kevin Miller
Juneau, Alaska

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Kevin Miller wrote:
"Bill" wrote in message ...

Thank you for the great pics John. A picture is worth a thousand
words! I take it that this splitter is held in place with one bolt
(that's
all I have there).

Actually 2... the one you see and another one that passes through the
larger hole and is secured by a nut.

What's the brand & cost? I noticed the warning on the splitter saying
to always use the overhead guard. Is that part of the package? Any
photos of it?

Brand and cost? You don't have google up in Alaska? Come on - that kind of
question is just silly. As for the warning - it's standard fare for
anything manufactured today. Think a bit before posting - there are lots of
liability attorneys behind everything these days. Think...

--

-Mike-

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On 12/02/2013 12:55 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Kevin Miller wrote:
"Bill" wrote in message ...

Thank you for the great pics John. A picture is worth a thousand
words! I take it that this splitter is held in place with one bolt
(that's
all I have there).

Actually 2... the one you see and another one that passes through the
larger hole and is secured by a nut.

What's the brand & cost? I noticed the warning on the splitter saying
to always use the overhead guard. Is that part of the package? Any
photos of it?

Brand and cost? You don't have google up in Alaska? Come on - that kind of
question is just silly. As for the warning - it's standard fare for
anything manufactured today. Think a bit before posting - there are lots of
liability attorneys behind everything these days. Think...

Jeepers Mike, take a Midol. There's any number of brands out there with
varying options for accessories. Sure I can do a search, but I'm
interested in knowing what John went with and how he likes it, if he
looked at other systems, if the knife was the complete kit or if there
are other components that he didn't show, etc. Perfectly on topic and
discussing the things pictured here is reasonable thing to do...

....Kevin
--
Kevin Miller
Juneau, Alaska
http://www.alaska.net/~atftb
"In the history of the world, no one has ever washed a rented car."
- Lawrence Summers
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Kevin Miller" wrote:

Jeepers Mike, take a Midol. There's any number of brands out there
with varying options for accessories. Sure I can do a search, but
I'm interested in knowing what John went with and how he likes it,
if he looked at other systems, if the knife was the complete kit or
if there are other components that he didn't show, etc. Perfectly
on topic and discussing the things pictured here is reasonable thing
to do...

Since I'm the guy who started this thread, use this for starters.

http://tinyurl.com/3uxteay

I'm told Mikestools.com has a better price.

Lew

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Kevin Miller wrote:
"Bill" wrote in message ...

[...]

Admitedly - a hot button of mine. Advise taken. It didn't look to me that
you were asking that particular question - though that probably doesn't
really matter all that much. I just get really tired of all of the people
who ask questions that a simple google search would answer. That happens a
lot here. Your question did not ask all of those finer points that you
iterated in the response above - it simply asked brand and cost. I probably
read that wrong, but that's what you asked. Oh well - I'll stay quiet for a
while...

--

-Mike-

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
eb.com...

"Kevin Miller" wrote:

Jeepers Mike, take a Midol. There's any number of brands out there with
varying options for accessories. Sure I can do a search, but I'm
interested in knowing what John went with and how he likes it, if he
looked at other systems, if the knife was the complete kit or if there
are other components that he didn't show, etc. Perfectly on topic and
discussing the things pictured here is reasonable thing to do...

Since I'm the guy who started this thread, use this for starters.

http://tinyurl.com/3uxteay

I'm told Mikestools.com has a better price.

Lew

Yes Lew, you are correct that is the item for which I posted photos... In my
case it is installed on a Jet Cabinet saw. Going back 11 years or so ago
when I bought the first one for my Jet contractor's saw it looked like the
best option to me. This as it is easy enough to remove and reinstall that
I'd actually use it. The OEM Jet item is a PITA to install and reinstall...
after I took it off the contractor's saw the first time it never went back
on and I ordered the T-Splitter from Mike's when I became aware of it. I
never installed the OEM unit on the Cabinet saw as I ordered the T-Splitter
immediately...

Mike's price on the splitter back in 2002 was $126.31 delivered. That seemed
like a lot of money when I ordered it but I quickly forgot the amount as it
worked well. I had to look it up in my records just now to post it here....
seems cheap in hindsight!

John

Splitter Harold & Susan Vordos Metalworking 12 January 16th 13 03:58 PM
Q splitter CC Woodworking 11 September 19th 08 08:37 PM
log splitter [email protected] Home Repair 14 January 5th 08 05:27 PM
$7 Splitter Unisaw A100 Woodworking 24 February 27th 05 11:42 PM
log splitter HeatMan Home Repair 11 October 9th 04 09:18 PM