Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Custom Sectional

These are pictures of a custom sectional built for the same
client in Aspen Colo.
It shows various stages of the job, but I never took a final
picture of the final piece with back cushions and kidney
pillows
It was all coil spring construction with spring down seat
cushion and all down(50/50) back pillows

Attached Thumbnails
Custom Sectional-p1010230-large-jpg  Custom Sectional-p1010233-large-jpg  Custom Sectional-p1010236-large-jpg  Custom Sectional-p1010241-large-jpg  Custom Sectional-p1010267-large-2-jpg

Custom Sectional-p1010218-large-jpg  Custom Sectional-p1010224-large-jpg  Custom Sectional-p1010265-large-jpg  Custom Sectional-p1010267-large-jpg  Custom Sectional-p1010223-large-jpg

Custom Sectional-p1010227-large-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Fri, 17 May 2013 23:47:21 -0500, "ChairMan"
wrote:

These are pictures of a custom sectional built for the same
client in Aspen Colo.
It shows various stages of the job, but I never took a final
picture of the final piece with back cushions and kidney
pillows
It was all coil spring construction with spring down seat
cushion and all down(50/50) back pillows

Interesting construction. We hardly ever see upholstered furniture
here.

Not my style of material, but otherwise very nice looking.
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

wrote:

These are pictures of a custom sectional built for the
same
client in Aspen Colo.
It shows various stages of the job, but I never took a
final
picture of the final piece with back cushions and kidney
pillows
It was all coil spring construction with spring down seat
cushion and all down(50/50) back pillows

Interesting construction. We hardly ever see upholstered
furniture
here.

Whatcha mean there, Ed?
Here as in ABPW ?

Not my style of material, but otherwise very nice looking.

Thanks, Ed.
Yeah, I do alot of stuff that the material is not my
style...but hey, as long as they pay me, *I* don't have to
live with it

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Sun, 19 May 2013 00:06:08 -0500, "ChairMan"
wrote:

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Interesting construction. We hardly ever see upholstered
furniture
here.

Whatcha mean there, Ed?
Here as in ABPW ?

Yes. It is a skill to build the spring system and do the actual
upholstery. I did cover the top of a small foot stool once though.
That was pushing the limits of that skill set for me.

Not my style of material, but otherwise very nice looking.

Thanks, Ed.
Yeah, I do alot of stuff that the material is not my
style...but hey, as long as they pay me, *I* don't have to
live with it

Yep, take the money.
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

In ,
Ed Pawlowski belched:
wrote:

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Interesting construction. We hardly ever see upholstered
furniture
here.

Whatcha mean there, Ed?
Here as in ABPW ?

Yes. It is a skill to build the spring system and do the actual
upholstery. I did cover the top of a small foot stool once though.
That was pushing the limits of that skill set for me.

Well there is wood work involved , so I'm just trying to broaden the baseg

Not my style of material, but otherwise very nice looking.

Thanks, Ed.
Yeah, I do alot of stuff that the material is not my
style...but hey, as long as they pay me, *I* don't have to
live with it

Yep, take the money.

I try because i don't need anymore practice

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Wow, I really enjoyed looking at the different shots taken during
construction.
Quite a nice piece of upholstery.
It seems you do have quite a knack.
Thank You
John

"ChairMan" wrote in message ...

These are pictures of a custom sectional built for the same
client in Aspen Colo.
It shows various stages of the job, but I never took a final
picture of the final piece with back cushions and kidney
pillows
It was all coil spring construction with spring down seat
cushion and all down(50/50) back pillows

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

In ,
jloomis belched:

"ChairMan" wrote in message ...

These are pictures of a custom sectional built for the same
client in Aspen Colo.
It shows various stages of the job, but I never took a final
picture of the final piece with back cushions and kidney

. pillows
It was all coil spring construction with spring down seat
cushion and all down(50/50) back pillows

Wow, I really enjoyed looking at the different shots taken during
construction.
Quite a nice piece of upholstery.
It seems you do have quite a knack.
Thank You
John

thanks John, I also enjoy your progression of deck building.
I've meant to ask before, what sealer do you use?
Is it Cabots or Sikkens?
Thanks again for looking

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

I use not a Cabots, but I like to use DuckBack, and have used CWP.
Clear Wood Preservative if I remember correct.
I like the DuckBack since it has oxide in it, that keeps the fungus from
growing
and provides a sunblock. The only problem is that it has to be put on over
the years, depending on wear and use.
Water washing and using bleach on a deck is important too, when oiling an
older deck.
john

"ChairMan" wrote in message ...

In ,