Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Graphical Camber per Fred Bingham

Fig 5-42, how to layout a graphical solution for a cambered profile.

Lew

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Fig 5-42.pdf (344.8 KB, 91 views)
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

I enjoy these descriptive diagrams.
Very useful at times.
john

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
eb.com...

Fig 5-42, how to layout a graphical solution for a cambered profile.

Lew

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Lew Hodgett wrote:
Fig 5-42, how to layout a graphical solution for a cambered profile.

Lew

Very interesting. It reminded me of how geometers show that a
semicircle is full of right triangles--one
formed from each of the endpoints of of the semicircle and any other
point on the arc. This is rather like
a reverse version of that.

Bill

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On 4/16/2013 9:35 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
Fig 5-42, how to layout a graphical solution for a cambered profile.

I have been looking for an article that I saw recently. I have not been
able to find it. It described, in more detail, the method that is being used
in Fig 5-41. I think that it would work well in this situation.

Dan

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Dan Coby" wrote:

I have been looking for an article that I saw recently. I have not
been
able to find it. It described, in more detail, the method that is
being used
in Fig 5-41. I think that it would work well in this situation.

Fig 5-41 gets the job done; however, it is physically more difficult
to get an accurate camber than to use some basic drafting tools to
do a simple lofting layout.

This is especially true for spans longer than 3'-4'.

Of course I'm biased having spent a few years on a drafting
board while putting myself thru engineering school as well as
building the profiles for the deck cambers of a sailboat I built.

Lew

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"jloomis" wrote:

I enjoy these descriptive diagrams.
Very useful at times.

You might enjoy Bingham's book, "Practical Yacht Joinery".

A book of very useful techniques on a small budget.

Bingham has chapters like "Happiness is a $5 Table Saw"
as well as jigs and fixtures that I have found very useful.

Should still be available at Amazon in paperback, mine was $20,
a few years ago.

Also could try local library.

Lew

RIP, Fred Steve B[_10_] Metalworking 9 July 25th 10 07:08 PM
fred ARWadsworth UK diy 1 November 14th 08 07:34 PM
Japanese smoothing planes - camber? Jay Pique Woodworking 1 May 24th 08 08:16 PM
Suspended Ceilings Under Camber Trusses [email protected] Home Repair 1 January 24th 08 03:10 PM