Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking,rec.woodworking

Default Beth Ireland Sanctuary Project

You may have heard about Beth Ireland traveling around the country teaching
children how to turn last year... Well, she's at it again! Maybe help
support this effort... My club and our turner SIG both donated money.

http://www.usaprojects.org/project/sanctuary

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking,rec.woodworking

In article , John
Grossbohlin wrote:

You may have heard about Beth Ireland traveling around the country teaching
children how to turn last year... Well, she's at it again! Maybe help
support this effort... My club and our turner SIG both donated money.

http://www.usaprojects.org/project/sanctuary

She was here in the summer at our turning symposium. Awesome story.

--
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to
read. - Groucho Marx
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking,rec.woodworking

You may have heard about Beth Ireland traveling around the country
teaching children how to turn last year... Well, she's at it again!
Maybe help support this effort... My club and our turner SIG both
donated money.

http://www.usaprojects.org/project/sanctuary

Not knowing Beth, I could not glean much from the link. A lot of glib
talk and never a word about what they actually do. The word "lathe" was
never used as far as I could tell. This quote says it all--"This work is
contributes so much to communities, from physical practical applications
to the more metaphysical. It spans ages, abilities, geography... and
fully embraces each culture. Kudos ladies!!!" I would think 2D art does
not describe wood turning.

--
G.W.Ross

Don't ask me, I have random access memory.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking,rec.woodworking

"G.W.Ross" wrote in message
m...

You may have heard about Beth Ireland traveling around the country
teaching children how to turn last year... Well, she's at it again!
Maybe help support this effort... My club and our turner SIG both
donated money.

http://www.usaprojects.org/project/sanctuary

Not knowing Beth, I could not glean much from the link. A lot of glib

Here is more...

http://www.turningaroundamerica.com/

http://bethireland.net/home.html

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Sun, 27 Jan 2013 09:39:45 -0600, Dave Balderstone

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to
read. - Groucho Marx

Now that's funny...