Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Refinished Stanley 5 1/4 Junior Jack

A little elbow grease and we have a very good plane.
The iron and chip breaker were heavily rusted. I was able to get most
off, but not all. But it is fine now.

Very Fine.

--
Jeff

Attached Thumbnails
Refinished Stanley 5 1/4 Junior Jack-sdc10613-jpg  Refinished Stanley 5 1/4 Junior Jack-sdc10620-jpg  Refinished Stanley 5 1/4 Junior Jack-sdc10621-jpg  Refinished Stanley 5 1/4 Junior Jack-sdc10622-jpg  Refinished Stanley 5 1/4 Junior Jack-sdc10623-jpg

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

I have some antique planes and they are severely rusted.
I would love to restore them.
nice job, saving a tool.
john

"woodchucker" wrote in message

A little elbow grease and we have a very good plane.
The iron and chip breaker were heavily rusted. I was able to get most
off, but not all. But it is fine now.

Very Fine.

--
Jeff

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

woodchucker wrote:
A little elbow grease and we have a very good plane.
The iron and chip breaker were heavily rusted. I was able to get most
off, but not all. But it is fine now.

Very Fine.

Nice job Jeff.

--

-Mike-

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

woodchucker wrote:
A little elbow grease and we have a very good plane. The iron and chip
breaker were heavily rusted. I was able to get most off, but not all. But it is fine now.

Very Fine.

Exactly ... Good work!

--
www.ewoodshop.com
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Han Han is offline

woodchucker wrote in
:

A little elbow grease and we have a very good plane.
The iron and chip breaker were heavily rusted. I was able to get most
off, but not all. But it is fine now.

Very Fine.

Wow!

--
Best regards
Han

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

A little elbow grease and we have a very good plane.
The iron and chip breaker were heavily rusted. I was able to get most
off, but not all. But it is fine now.

Nice job. I love seeing things restored and put back into use.

Last year I restored two Stanley planes. One had almost no rust, the
other fairly heavily rusted. Couple of people, including a plane guy
at my local Woodcraft, recommended Evaporust. I picked some up at
Autozone and it worked great. No harm to the finish, just removed the
rust clean as a whistle.

Since then I've used that stuff on several rusty items with great
success. I keep a bottle handy should I find anything in need of rust
removal. Only difficulty is sometimes finding a container to fit
things into and soak properly. But it's been worth it for me.

`Casper