DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Refinished Stanley 5 1/4 Junior Jack (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking-plans-photos/352086-refinished-stanley-5-1-4-junior-jack.html)

woodchucker[_3_] January 22nd 13 12:55 AM

Refinished Stanley 5 1/4 Junior Jack

5 Attachment(s)
A little elbow grease and we have a very good plane.
The iron and chip breaker were heavily rusted. I was able to get most
off, but not all. But it is fine now.

Very Fine.

--
Jeff

jloomis[_2_] January 22nd 13 02:11 AM

Refinished Stanley 5 1/4 Junior Jack

I have some antique planes and they are severely rusted.
I would love to restore them.
nice job, saving a tool.
john

Mike Marlow[_2_] January 22nd 13 03:29 AM

woodchucker wrote:
A little elbow grease and we have a very good plane.
The iron and chip breaker were heavily rusted. I was able to get most
off, but not all. But it is fine now.

Very Fine.

Nice job Jeff.

--

-Mike-

Swingman January 22nd 13 11:52 AM

woodchucker wrote:
A little elbow grease and we have a very good plane. The iron and chip
breaker were heavily rusted. I was able to get most off, but not all. But it is fine now.

Very Fine.

Exactly ... Good work!

--
www.ewoodshop.com

Han January 22nd 13 01:45 PM

Refinished Stanley 5 1/4 Junior Jack

woodchucker wrote in
:

A little elbow grease and we have a very good plane.
The iron and chip breaker were heavily rusted. I was able to get most
off, but not all. But it is fine now.

Very Fine.

Wow!

--
Best regards
Han

Casper January 22nd 13 02:45 PM

Refinished Stanley 5 1/4 Junior Jack

A little elbow grease and we have a very good plane.
The iron and chip breaker were heavily rusted. I was able to get most
off, but not all. But it is fine now.

Nice job. I love seeing things restored and put back into use.

Last year I restored two Stanley planes. One had almost no rust, the
other fairly heavily rusted. Couple of people, including a plane guy
at my local Woodcraft, recommended Evaporust. I picked some up at
Autozone and it worked great. No harm to the finish, just removed the
rust clean as a whistle.

Since then I've used that stuff on several rusty items with great
success. I keep a bottle handy should I find anything in need of rust
removal. Only difficulty is sometimes finding a container to fit
things into and soak properly. But it's been worth it for me.

`Casper