Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default chestnut

The chest is made from chestnut except for the side panels which are white
oak... I didn't have enough chestnut for the whole thing.

The wood came from a branch that came down during a storm. The tree was
planted by my wife's father and I made the box for her as a keepsake box to
keep things in for our sons.

Attached Thumbnails
chestnut-showcase200903_01w-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Han Han is offline

"John Grossbohlin" wrote in
m:

The chest is made from chestnut except for the side panels which are
white oak... I didn't have enough chestnut for the whole thing.

The wood came from a branch that came down during a storm. The tree
was planted by my wife's father and I made the box for her as a
keepsake box to keep things in for our sons.

Attachment saved: E:\Public\Xnews\attachments\bad\untitled-2_40.txt
------=_NextPart_000_0102_01CD89CA.CFD34120

Attachment saved:
E:\Public\Xnews\attachments\bad\Showcase200903_01w .jpg
------=_NextPart_000_0102_01CD89CA.CFD34120--

NICE!!!

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Mon, 3 Sep 2012 11:54:02 -0400, "John Grossbohlin"
wrote:

The chest is made from chestnut except for the side panels which are white
oak... I didn't have enough chestnut for the whole thing.

The wood came from a branch that came down during a storm. The tree was
planted by my wife's father and I made the box for her as a keepsake box to
keep things in for our sons.

John,

Nice work, and the idea of the box being from the tree her father
planted makes it extra special. Wonderful idea.
Thanks for sharing.

Bdy

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

wrote:

The chest is made from chestnut except for the side panels which are white
oak... I didn't have enough chestnut for the whole thing.

The wood came from a branch that came down during a storm. The tree was
planted by my wife's father and I made the box for her as a keepsake box
keep things in for our sons.

John,

Nice work, and the idea of the box being from the tree her father
planted makes it extra special. Wonderful idea.
Thanks for sharing.

Bdy

It was a fortunate mishap... worked out nicely!

John

Turning Chestnut Oak mountaintop Woodturning 6 September 13th 09 03:19 PM
American Chestnut RicodJour Woodworking 8 August 25th 08 01:02 PM
Turning Chestnut Steve A Woodturning 2 November 18th 05 02:55 AM
Old chestnut... which screws do you recommend ? Colin Wilson UK diy 2 December 13th 04 04:47 AM
Chestnut on the way back?? Bay Area Dave Woodworking 3 June 9th 04 09:11 PM