DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   chestnut (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking-plans-photos/345950-chestnut.html)

John Grossbohlin[_2_] September 3rd 12 04:54 PM

chestnut

1 Attachment(s)
The chest is made from chestnut except for the side panels which are white
oak... I didn't have enough chestnut for the whole thing.

The wood came from a branch that came down during a storm. The tree was
planted by my wife's father and I made the box for her as a keepsake box to
keep things in for our sons.

Han September 3rd 12 04:59 PM

chestnut

"John Grossbohlin" wrote in
m:

The chest is made from chestnut except for the side panels which are
white oak... I didn't have enough chestnut for the whole thing.

The wood came from a branch that came down during a storm. The tree
was planted by my wife's father and I made the box for her as a
keepsake box to keep things in for our sons.

Attachment saved: E:\Public\Xnews\attachments\bad\untitled-2_40.txt
------=_NextPart_000_0102_01CD89CA.CFD34120

Attachment saved:
E:\Public\Xnews\attachments\bad\Showcase200903_01w .jpg
------=_NextPart_000_0102_01CD89CA.CFD34120--

NICE!!!

--
Best regards
Han

Buddy[_5_] September 3rd 12 10:13 PM

chestnut

On Mon, 3 Sep 2012 11:54:02 -0400, "John Grossbohlin"
wrote:

The chest is made from chestnut except for the side panels which are white
oak... I didn't have enough chestnut for the whole thing.

The wood came from a branch that came down during a storm. The tree was
planted by my wife's father and I made the box for her as a keepsake box to
keep things in for our sons.

John,

Nice work, and the idea of the box being from the tree her father
planted makes it extra special. Wonderful idea.
Thanks for sharing.

Bdy

John Grossbohlin[_2_] September 4th 12 01:37 AM

chestnut

wrote:

The chest is made from chestnut except for the side panels which are white
oak... I didn't have enough chestnut for the whole thing.

The wood came from a branch that came down during a storm. The tree was
planted by my wife's father and I made the box for her as a keepsake box
keep things in for our sons.

John,

Nice work, and the idea of the box being from the tree her father
planted makes it extra special. Wonderful idea.
Thanks for sharing.

Bdy

It was a fortunate mishap... worked out nicely!

John