Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default New finds of heartpine lamp making material

recently finished lamp and potential new parts,
many more pieces located and left in woods to
continue weathering.

basilisk
Attached Thumbnails
New finds of heartpine lamp making material-lamp_pieces_7-jpg  New finds of heartpine lamp making material-lamp_pieces_4-jpg  New finds of heartpine lamp making material-lamp_pieces_5-jpg  New finds of heartpine lamp making material-lamp_pieces_6-jpg  New finds of heartpine lamp making material-finishedlamp-jpg

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

basilisk wrote:
recently finished lamp and potential new parts, many more pieces located
and left in woods to continue weathering.

basilisk

Wow! Turning trash into treasure ... Well done.

--
www.ewoodshop.com
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Interesting,
I have saved an object for years in my workshop of similar material.
Now you show me, what to do with it.
I have seen face carvings, etc. with these type of wood burl like tree
pieces and
have saved some for a long time just wondering.......humm?
john

"basilisk" wrote in message

recently finished lamp and potential new parts,
many more pieces located and left in woods to
continue weathering.

basilisk

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Fri, 31 Aug 2012 17:40:37 -0500, Swingman wrote:

basilisk wrote:
recently finished lamp and potential new parts, many more pieces
located and left in woods to continue weathering.

basilisk

Wow! Turning trash into treasure ... Well done.

Thanks, I've successfully drilled another piece,
I'm going to make a white oak base to match the first and
have a similar pair of lamps for the LR.

basilisk

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Fri, 31 Aug 2012 17:56:52 -0700, jloomis wrote:

Interesting,
I have saved an object for years in my workshop of similar material. Now
you show me, what to do with it.
I have seen face carvings, etc. with these type of wood burl like tree
pieces and
have saved some for a long time just wondering.......humm? john

My options were kind of limited, I have "zero" ability for carving
and hand shaping, but cleaning, drilling and shellacking, I can do.

basilisk

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

basilisk wrote:
recently finished lamp and potential new parts, many more pieces
located and left in woods to continue weathering.

basilisk

Wow! Turning trash into treasure ... Well done.

Thanks, I've successfully drilled another piece,
I'm going to make a white oak base to match the first and
have a similar pair of lamps for the LR.

I'm sincerely impressed with the artistic bent you apply, having grown up
in S Louisiana with "cypress knee" lamps everywhere.

--
www.ewoodshop.com
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

basilisk wrote:
recently finished lamp and potential new parts, many more pieces
located and left in woods to continue weathering.

basilisk

Wow! Turning trash into treasure ... Well done.

Thanks, I've successfully drilled another piece, I'm going to make a
white oak base to match the first and have a similar pair of lamps for
the LR.

I'm sincerely impressed with the artistic bent you apply, having grown
up in S Louisiana with "cypress knee" lamps everywhere.

Cypress is not too uncommon here, close to rivers.
The cypress knee lamps never caught my attention, they are nice
enough but maybe just a tad too common.

I have some large corkscrewed Rattan vine, I'm having trouble
figgering out how to get a hole through them or even a discreet way to
cheat a path for the wire.

basilisk

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

basilisk wrote:
recently finished lamp and potential new parts, many more pieces
located and left in woods to continue weathering.

basilisk

Wow! Turning trash into treasure ... Well done.

Thanks, I've successfully drilled another piece, I'm going to make a
white oak base to match the first and have a similar pair of lamps for
the LR.

I'm sincerely impressed with the artistic bent you apply, having grown
up in S Louisiana with "cypress knee" lamps everywhere.

Cypress is not too uncommon here, close to rivers.
The cypress knee lamps never caught my attention, they are nice
enough but maybe just a tad too common.

I have some large corkscrewed Rattan vine, I'm having trouble
figgering out how to get a hole through them or even a discreet way to
cheat a path for the wire.

basilisk

Keep up the excellent work, there's riches in niches.

--
www.ewoodshop.com