DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Vega Utility fence (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking-plans-photos/344117-vega-utility-fence.html)

[email protected] July 24th 12 06:48 PM

Vega Utility fence

I have been looking at the Vega 26" Utility fence. Does anyone have
any experience with the Vega fences?

Leon[_7_] July 24th 12 06:53 PM

Vega Utility fence

On 7/24/2012 12:48 PM, wrote:
I have been looking at the Vega 26" Utility fence. Does anyone have
any experience with the Vega fences?

No experience but this might help

http://www.toolcrib.com/blog/2008/08...-vega-vs-incra

Zz Yzx July 25th 12 02:05 AM

Vega Utility fence

On Tue, 24 Jul 2012 10:48:28 -0700, wrote:

I have been looking at the Vega 26" Utility fence. Does anyone have
any experience with the Vega fences?

I've had a Vega Utility fence on my ~1982 vintage Craftsmen
contractor's saw for ~15 yrs now. I have a router table mounted as a
table wing and use the fence on both. I reasearched a lot of fences
extensivley before buying.

In a nutshell: the fence is a great buy. It went on easily, holds the
alignment and position, doesn't flex, and is just a damn fine fence.
The micro-adjustment mechinism works great, and even the width
indicator works.

I would buy another Vega fence in a heartbeat.

-Zz

Mike M July 25th 12 07:00 PM

Vega Utility fence

On Tue, 24 Jul 2012 10:48:28 -0700, wrote:

I have been looking at the Vega 26" Utility fence. Does anyone have
any experience with the Vega fences?

I also put the Vega fence on an old craftsman and added a router table
at the same time. Had to add a leg for stability because of the
bigger table. Served me well till I found a good deal on a used
Unisaw.

Mike M

CW[_8_] July 25th 12 10:58 PM

Vega Utility fence

wrote in message ...

I have been looking at the Vega 26" Utility fence. Does anyone have
any experience with the Vega fences?
Had a Vega on my Hitachi hybrid for about ten years. Great fence. No
complaints.