DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Latest Project (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking-plans-photos/342843-latest-project.html)

Dr. Deb[_3_] June 26th 12 11:47 AM

Latest Project

2 Attachment(s)

Chris Schwarz of Popular Woodworking says that everytime he builds a
workbench, it occupies his every waking moment. I found him to be correct
but there is that certain satisfaction. Its not perfect, but its not bad
for the first attempt.

Deb

Lee Michaels[_3_] June 26th 12 01:53 PM

Latest Project

"Dr. Deb" wrote in message

Chris Schwarz of Popular Woodworking says that everytime he builds a
workbench, it occupies his every waking moment. I found him to be correct
but there is that certain satisfaction. Its not perfect, but its not bad
for the first attempt.

Very nice. A lot of wood and love went into that bench!

I love the side vise. How much did that shiny, chrome wheel cost?

G. Ross June 26th 12 02:38 PM

Latest Project

Dr. Deb wrote:

Chris Schwarz of Popular Woodworking says that everytime he builds a
workbench, it occupies his every waking moment. I found him to be correct
but there is that certain satisfaction. Its not perfect, but its not bad
for the first attempt.

Deb

Gorgeous. Looks like a piece of fine furniture. Surely you are not
going to actually use it!

--
G.W. Ross

At intersections / Look each way / A
harp sounds nice / But it's / Hard to
play / Burma-Shave

tiredofspam June 26th 12 02:45 PM

Latest Project

Very Nice.
One piece of advice. Finish putting finish on those stretchers. Even if
they won't be seen...I like the leg vise. Is the finish BLO?

tiredofspam June 26th 12 02:47 PM

Latest Project

It's called a deadman. It's used to hold boards, doors, whatever from
dropping. It moves along the stretcher they are very handy.

Mike Marlow[_2_] June 26th 12 03:04 PM

Latest Project

G. Ross wrote:
Dr. Deb wrote:

Chris Schwarz of Popular Woodworking says that everytime he builds a
workbench, it occupies his every waking moment. I found him to be
correct but there is that certain satisfaction. Its not perfect,
but its not bad for the first attempt.

Deb

Gorgeous. Looks like a piece of fine furniture. Surely you are not
going to actually use it!

Agreed! Tell us that you are only going to use it as a flat surface for
stuff to collect on! As it should be...

And those pegs - great places to hang things...

--

-Mike-

Puckdropper[_2_] June 26th 12 04:53 PM

Latest Project

"Mike Marlow" wrote in news:96df6$4fe9c1b3
:

Agreed! Tell us that you are only going to use it as a flat surface for
stuff to collect on! As it should be...

And those pegs - great places to hang things...

Know what would be better than the pegs? Slatwall! *ducking*

j/k j/k j/k

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.

Dr. Deb[_3_] June 27th 12 01:16 AM

Latest Project

wrote:

"Dr. Deb" wrote in message

Chris Schwarz of Popular Woodworking says that everytime he builds a
workbench, it occupies his every waking moment. I found him to be
correct
but there is that certain satisfaction. Its not perfect, but its not bad
for the first attempt.

Very nice. A lot of wood and love went into that bench!

I love the side vise. How much did that shiny, chrome wheel cost?

I went shopping for that and found it at Grizzly for $10.75

http://www.grizzly.com/catalog/2012/Main/263

Item H 3189

Deb

Gramp's shop June 27th 12 01:58 AM

Latest Project

On 6/26/2012 5:47 AM, Dr. Deb wrote:

Chris Schwarz of Popular Woodworking says that everytime he builds a
workbench, it occupies his every waking moment. I found him to be correct
but there is that certain satisfaction. Its not perfect, but its not bad
for the first attempt.

Deb

That's really beautiful, Deb. And it looks very functional as well.

Larry

Dr. Deb[_3_] June 27th 12 04:01 AM

Latest Project

Dr. Deb wrote:

Chris Schwarz of Popular Woodworking says that everytime he builds a
workbench, it occupies his every waking moment. I found him to be correct
but there is that certain satisfaction. Its not perfect, but its not bad
for the first attempt.

Deb

To those who have been concerned, "Yes, I am going to use it." The darn
thing is too heavy (about 350lbs) to wear as a charm. lol

This was the first time I had ever tried to drawbore anything. It won't be
the last.

Being married to a "Downeaster Scot" perhaps one of the most satisfying
things is that for about $225, I have a bench that is equal to something
that I would have had to pay many multiples of that for and a bench that
will be with me for a long, long time.

Thanks for all the comments.

Bill[_37_] June 27th 12 05:36 AM

Latest Project

Dr. Deb wrote:

Chris Schwarz of Popular Woodworking says that everytime he builds a
workbench, it occupies his every waking moment. I found him to be correct
but there is that certain satisfaction. Its not perfect, but its not bad
for the first attempt.

Deb

Beautiful! It looks like it will let you work some really big pieces too.

Swingman June 27th 12 10:46 PM

Latest Project

"Dr. Deb" wrote:
Chris Schwarz of Popular Woodworking says that everytime he builds a
workbench, it occupies his every waking moment. I found him to be
correct but there is that certain satisfaction. Its not perfect, but
its not bad for the first attempt.

Deb

Well done!

--
www.ewoodshop.com

Lew Hodgett[_6_] June 28th 12 02:35 AM

Latest Project

"Dr. Deb" wrote:

Its not perfect, but its not bad
for the first attempt.

A flying red horse can't tell the distance from 100 ft.

Enjoy.

Lew