Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default peg board clips

The new style peg board clips (about 20 years old already) are available
from home depot. I bought a few packs to setup my boards..

Attached Thumbnails
peg board clips-sdc10481-jpg  peg board clips-sdc10482-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

tiredofspam wrote:

The new style peg board clips (about 20 years old already) are
available from home depot. I bought a few packs to setup my boards..

Most people use this type of device to secure their hooks because they use
hooks that are too small for the holes. These devices work just great for
that purpose, though the properly sized hooks work perfectly, without the
need for a device to secure them. My peg board is 1/4", and all of my hooks
are as well. Makes a big difference in how securely they stay in.

A good source of hooks is stores that are changing over their displays. I
got a ton of hooks free from a local Ace when they changed over. These are
two part hooks. There is a plastic piece that fits into the peg board and
then the metal arm inserts into the plastic piece. Very solid.

--

-Mike-

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

I use a mix of 1/8 and 1/4 .. the 1/4 are too big for some items.
I use the 1/4 for heavier items.

The clips eliminate all the problems that people complain about hooks
coming off.