Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Sanding filter

Bill,

Here is what I was talking about.
You can even use a box fan, but that would be hard to redirect the
output out the window.

With this type of squirrel cage just make a box for the output side and
use a couple of 4" hoses.. you could use dryer vent hose instead of DC
hose too.

Attached Thumbnails
Sanding filter-sdc10478-jpg  Sanding filter-sdc10479-jpg  Sanding filter-sdc10480-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

tiredofspam wrote:
Bill,

Here is what I was talking about.
You can even use a box fan, but that would be hard to redirect the
output out the window.

With this type of squirrel cage just make a box for the output side and
use a couple of 4" hoses.. you could use dryer vent hose instead of DC
hose too.

That's the same type of squirrel cage fan I have on my sanding
table/air cleaner.
They are hard to find around here.

--
G.W. Ross

Every hero becomes a bore at last.
--Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

tiredofspam wrote:
Bill,

Here is what I was talking about.
You can even use a box fan, but that would be hard to redirect the
output out the window.

That looks like a dandy fan & filter. Did you make it to use for all of
your bench sanding in general?

In any event, thank you very much for your post! I will keep the idea
in mind.

Bill

With this type of squirrel cage just make a box for the output side and
use a couple of 4" hoses.. you could use dryer vent hose instead of DC
hose too.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

At one point yes. Also it wound up being awesome for sanding balsa,
which just floats in the air like nothing else.

But I have used it for lots of different things.

For your allergy you might consider this and build an output side that
puts it out to hoses and outside of your work area.

It cleans the air nicely too.

On 6/22/2012 4:33 PM, Bill wrote:
tiredofspam wrote:
Bill,

Here is what I was talking about.
You can even use a box fan, but that would be hard to redirect the
output out the window.

That looks like a dandy fan & filter. Did you make it to use for all of
your bench sanding in general?

In any event, thank you very much for your post! I will keep the idea
in mind.

Bill

With this type of squirrel cage just make a box for the output side and
use a couple of 4" hoses.. you could use dryer vent hose instead of DC
hose too.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Those types of fans are used on electronic rack units. Check out
electronic surplus stores.