DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Rocking Chairs (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking-plans-photos/339118-rocking-chairs.html)

Dr. Deb[_3_] April 20th 12 03:00 AM

Rocking Chairs

3 Attachment(s)

The Miller chair is by Jeff Miller of Chicago and insprired my attempts at
the two prototypes.

Deb

geoff April 20th 12 03:16 AM

Rocking Chairs

Nicely done..

Ed Pawlowski April 20th 12 04:01 AM

Rocking Chairs

On Thu, 19 Apr 2012 20:00:08 -0500, "Dr. Deb"
wrote:

The Miller chair is by Jeff Miller of Chicago and insprired my attempts at
the two prototypes.

Deb

Very nice work. You should be proud!

G.W. Ross April 20th 12 12:27 PM

Rocking Chairs

Dr. Deb wrote:

The Miller chair is by Jeff Miller of Chicago and insprired my attempts at
the two prototypes.

Deb

Very good work--and a lot of it from the appearance. Yours looks more
light and airy than the dark one. Where did you find the awesome
wallpaper?

--
G.W. Ross

The older I get, the better I used to be.

Zz Yzx April 20th 12 04:27 PM

Rocking Chairs

On Fri, 20 Apr 2012 06:27:53 -0400, "G.W. Ross"
wrote:

Where did you find the awesome wallpaper?

There's a restaraunt in San Rafael, CA, called "Toast". It's fairly
upscale (with a GORGEOUS hostess, but I digress......)

The walls and bar decor are made of MDF with randomly placed and
randomly sized holes, finished with poly or whatever, an attempt to
make the walls look like "toast". In a word: HOKEY.

Food was mediocre. I'll go back though, to ogle the hostess.

Steve[_43_] April 21st 12 01:04 AM

Rocking Chairs - 1 attachment

1 Attachment(s)
Zz Yzx wrote in
:

wrote:

Where did you find the awesome wallpaper?

There's a restaraunt in San Rafael, CA, called "Toast". It's fairly
upscale (with a GORGEOUS hostess, but I digress......)

The walls and bar decor are made of MDF with randomly placed and
randomly sized holes, finished with poly or whatever, an attempt to
make the walls look like "toast". In a word: HOKEY.

Food was mediocre. I'll go back though, to ogle the hostess.

Here is a photo I found online

G.W. Ross April 21st 12 01:18 AM

Rocking Chairs - 1 attachment

Steve wrote:
Zz wrote in
:

wrote:

Where did you find the awesome wallpaper?

There's a restaraunt in San Rafael, CA, called "Toast". It's fairly
upscale (with a GORGEOUS hostess, but I digress......)

The walls and bar decor are made of MDF with randomly placed and
randomly sized holes, finished with poly or whatever, an attempt to
make the walls look like "toast". In a word: HOKEY.

Food was mediocre. I'll go back though, to ogle the hostess.

Here is a photo I found online

Not good enough. Where is the hostess?

Dr. Deb[_3_] April 21st 12 02:46 AM

Rocking Chairs

G.W. Ross wrote:

Dr. Deb wrote:

The Miller chair is by Jeff Miller of Chicago and insprired my attempts
at the two prototypes.

Deb

Very good work--and a lot of it from the appearance. Yours looks more
light and airy than the dark one. Where did you find the awesome
wallpaper?

If you are talking about the particle board, those pictures were shot in the
shed which hosts my woodshop. Years ago we divided the shed into the
woodshop and a living space. The paritcle board just seemed to fit the
ambiance in the living space. :-)

Deb

Swingman April 21st 12 03:02 AM

Rocking Chairs

On 4/20/2012 7:46 PM, Dr. Deb wrote:

G.W. Ross wrote:

Dr. Deb wrote:

The Miller chair is by Jeff Miller of Chicago and insprired my attempts
at the two prototypes.

Deb

Very good work--and a lot of it from the appearance. Yours looks more
light and airy than the dark one. Where did you find the awesome
wallpaper?

If you are talking about the particle board, those pictures were shot in the
shed which hosts my woodshop. Years ago we divided the shed into the
woodshop and a living space. The paritcle board just seemed to fit the
ambiance in the living space. :-)

OSB ... never seen anyone finish it with a clear coat before. I like it.

BTW, the chair is spectacular.

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010