Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Sander

The 6x48 was gotten for $2. It required derusting, cleanup, and painting.

The 1" unit $10. Minor work.
The Delta wet grinder $6.

I have picked up hand planes, rotary hand planes, draw knifes, many
vises. Ton's of wood.

Garage and estate sales can be a source of major finds.

My 60 1/2 Lie Nielsen does not get as much use now that I have a Stanley
Knuckle block plane. It's just more comfortable. Price? Ridiculous. 4
planes I think I paid $8 ...

My wife usually goes with me. It's like our time together. She searches
for furniture buys, I go for tools. I have a few acres and while doing
the search purchased a tow behind the tractor weed killer spreader, the
type with the tank and boom arms. Price new for this size, anywhere from
$269 to $369. My price $25. Works great.

I buy new tools, but really the market is flooded right now with NORM
wanna bees who found out they can't do it.

Also old timers that have passed on. The values are out there.

If you can't do it. Understandable. If you can, you will reap the rewards.

Attached Thumbnails
Sander-sdc10363-jpg  Sander-sdc10364-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On 4/6/2012 9:41 AM, tiredofspam wrote:

The 6x48 was gotten for $2. It required derusting, cleanup, and painting.

I buy new tools, but really the market is flooded right now with NORM
wanna bees who found out they can't do it.

Also old timers that have passed on. The values are out there.

If you can't do it. Understandable. If you can, you will reap the rewards.

Nice work! There's a lot of satisfaction in restoring a useful tool.

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Thanks, Not only that but its real solid. When I looked at it, I thought
I can't go wrong for $2.

Once I stripped the heavy rust off, I started realizing what I had.

On 4/6/2012 11:39 AM, Swingman wrote:
On 4/6/2012 9:41 AM, tiredofspam wrote:

The 6x48 was gotten for $2. It required derusting, cleanup, and painting.

I buy new tools, but really the market is flooded right now with NORM
wanna bees who found out they can't do it.

Also old timers that have passed on. The values are out there.

If you can't do it. Understandable. If you can, you will reap the
rewards.

Nice work! There's a lot of satisfaction in restoring a useful tool.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Great finds. It's getting to be garage sale time in my area and I'm
expecting another successful season. My best was three like new Bessey
clamps for $5 each.

Larry

[...]

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Me too. We throw so much in the dump if it looks like too much trouble.
This 6x48 has a table that you won't see on the cheapies. It's solid...
and would probably be a powermatic or jet type unit in the 699 price
range to get that table.. It had no dust collection, so a little box
gets most of it... I don't see dust floating in the air, so I think I
might be ok.