Woodworking Plans and Photos (alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking) - Show off or just share photos of your hard work.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,212
Default Sander

The 6x48 was gotten for $2. It required derusting, cleanup, and painting.

The 1" unit $10. Minor work.
The Delta wet grinder $6.

I have picked up hand planes, rotary hand planes, draw knifes, many
vises. Ton's of wood.


Garage and estate sales can be a source of major finds.

My 60 1/2 Lie Nielsen does not get as much use now that I have a Stanley
Knuckle block plane. It's just more comfortable. Price? Ridiculous. 4
planes I think I paid $8 ...


My wife usually goes with me. It's like our time together. She searches
for furniture buys, I go for tools. I have a few acres and while doing
the search purchased a tow behind the tractor weed killer spreader, the
type with the tank and boom arms. Price new for this size, anywhere from
$269 to $369. My price $25. Works great.

I buy new tools, but really the market is flooded right now with NORM
wanna bees who found out they can't do it.

Also old timers that have passed on. The values are out there.

If you can't do it. Understandable. If you can, you will reap the rewards.

Attached Thumbnails
Sander-sdc10363-jpg  Sander-sdc10364-jpg  
  #2   Report Post  
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 10,043
Default Sander

On 4/6/2012 9:41 AM, tiredofspam wrote:

The 6x48 was gotten for $2. It required derusting, cleanup, and painting.


I buy new tools, but really the market is flooded right now with NORM
wanna bees who found out they can't do it.

Also old timers that have passed on. The values are out there.

If you can't do it. Understandable. If you can, you will reap the rewards.


Nice work! There's a lot of satisfaction in restoring a useful tool.

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
KarlCaillouet@ (the obvious)
http://gplus.to/eWoodShop
  #3   Report Post  
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,212
Default Sander

Thanks, Not only that but its real solid. When I looked at it, I thought
I can't go wrong for $2.

Once I stripped the heavy rust off, I started realizing what I had.

On 4/6/2012 11:39 AM, Swingman wrote:
On 4/6/2012 9:41 AM, tiredofspam wrote:

The 6x48 was gotten for $2. It required derusting, cleanup, and painting.


I buy new tools, but really the market is flooded right now with NORM
wanna bees who found out they can't do it.

Also old timers that have passed on. The values are out there.

If you can't do it. Understandable. If you can, you will reap the
rewards.


Nice work! There's a lot of satisfaction in restoring a useful tool.

  #4   Report Post  
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 95
Default Sander

Great finds. It's getting to be garage sale time in my area and I'm
expecting another successful season. My best was three like new Bessey
clamps for $5 each.

Larry


On 4/6/2012 9:41 AM, tiredofspam wrote:
The 6x48 was gotten for $2. It required derusting, cleanup, and painting.

The 1" unit $10. Minor work.
The Delta wet grinder $6.

I have picked up hand planes, rotary hand planes, draw knifes, many
vises. Ton's of wood.


Garage and estate sales can be a source of major finds.

My 60 1/2 Lie Nielsen does not get as much use now that I have a Stanley
Knuckle block plane. It's just more comfortable. Price? Ridiculous. 4
planes I think I paid $8 ...


My wife usually goes with me. It's like our time together. She searches
for furniture buys, I go for tools. I have a few acres and while doing
the search purchased a tow behind the tractor weed killer spreader, the
type with the tank and boom arms. Price new for this size, anywhere from
$269 to $369. My price $25. Works great.

I buy new tools, but really the market is flooded right now with NORM
wanna bees who found out they can't do it.

Also old timers that have passed on. The values are out there.

If you can't do it. Understandable. If you can, you will reap the rewards.


  #5   Report Post  
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 392
Default Sander

They do not make them like they used to either.....
I like to see the old tools re-built.
john

"tiredofspam" wrote in message
...

The 6x48 was gotten for $2. It required derusting, cleanup, and painting.

The 1" unit $10. Minor work.
The Delta wet grinder $6.

I have picked up hand planes, rotary hand planes, draw knifes, many
vises. Ton's of wood.


Garage and estate sales can be a source of major finds.

My 60 1/2 Lie Nielsen does not get as much use now that I have a Stanley
Knuckle block plane. It's just more comfortable. Price? Ridiculous. 4
planes I think I paid $8 ...


My wife usually goes with me. It's like our time together. She searches
for furniture buys, I go for tools. I have a few acres and while doing
the search purchased a tow behind the tractor weed killer spreader, the
type with the tank and boom arms. Price new for this size, anywhere from
$269 to $369. My price $25. Works great.

I buy new tools, but really the market is flooded right now with NORM
wanna bees who found out they can't do it.

Also old timers that have passed on. The values are out there.

If you can't do it. Understandable. If you can, you will reap the rewards.



  #6   Report Post  
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,212
Default Sander

Me too. We throw so much in the dump if it looks like too much trouble.
This 6x48 has a table that you won't see on the cheapies. It's solid...
and would probably be a powermatic or jet type unit in the 699 price
range to get that table.. It had no dust collection, so a little box
gets most of it... I don't see dust floating in the air, so I think I
might be ok.

On 4/10/2012 3:22 PM, jloomis wrote:
They do not make them like they used to either.....
I like to see the old tools re-built.
john

"tiredofspam" wrote in message
...

The 6x48 was gotten for $2. It required derusting, cleanup, and painting.

The 1" unit $10. Minor work.
The Delta wet grinder $6.

I have picked up hand planes, rotary hand planes, draw knifes, many
vises. Ton's of wood.


Garage and estate sales can be a source of major finds.

My 60 1/2 Lie Nielsen does not get as much use now that I have a Stanley
Knuckle block plane. It's just more comfortable. Price? Ridiculous. 4
planes I think I paid $8 ...


My wife usually goes with me. It's like our time together. She searches
for furniture buys, I go for tools. I have a few acres and while doing
the search purchased a tow behind the tractor weed killer spreader, the
type with the tank and boom arms. Price new for this size, anywhere from
$269 to $369. My price $25. Works great.

I buy new tools, but really the market is flooded right now with NORM
wanna bees who found out they can't do it.

Also old timers that have passed on. The values are out there.

If you can't do it. Understandable. If you can, you will reap the rewards.

Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Disc Sander Belt sander Combo selection rbell Woodworking 7 March 20th 06 10:49 PM
Sanding floorboards - Drum Sander and or Edge Sander John UK diy 10 September 2nd 05 06:43 AM
Sanding floorboards - Drum Sander and or Edge Sander John UK diy 1 September 1st 05 07:08 PM
Difference bewteen a Random Orbit Sander and a palm Sander? Larry Bud Woodworking 3 January 5th 04 06:31 PM
Hand belt sander converts to stationary table sander? Les Fingers Woodworking 2 September 4th 03 01:37 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2023 DIYbanter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about DIY & home improvement"