DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   First turnings of 2012, potpourri dish... (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking-plans-photos/334049-first-turnings-2012-potpourri-dish.html)

Kevin Miller[_2_] January 7th 12 03:46 AM

First turnings of 2012, potpourri dish...

2 Attachment(s)
This is a 6", give or take, spalted alder potpourri dish

--
Kevin Miller - http://www.alaska.net/~atftb
Juneau, Alaska

keith January 9th 12 08:18 PM

First turnings of 2012, potpourri dish...

Nice work Kevin! Is that Lee Valley cover??

KEith P

Kevin Miller[_2_] January 9th 12 10:45 PM

On 01/09/2012 11:18 AM, Keith wrote:
Nice work Kevin! Is that Lee Valley cover??

KEith P

LOL. Nope, it's my kitchen countertop w/a photo backdrop board...

--
Kevin Miller
Juneau, Alaska

jloomis[_2_] January 10th 12 02:36 AM

First turnings of 2012, potpourri dish...

Another fine piece of work.
Is that casted silver ornamentation?
It sure looks nice and intricate.
Lovely combination of wood and metal.
Quite sculptural.
john

Kevin Miller[_2_] January 10th 12 05:39 PM

On 01/09/2012 05:36 PM, jloomis wrote:
Another fine piece of work.
Is that casted silver ornamentation?
It sure looks nice and intricate.
Lovely combination of wood and metal.
Quite sculptural.
john

Thanks - the lid is pewter. Several woodturning/woodworking catalogs
sell them: Lee Valley, Penn State, Packard Woodworks, etc.

These are one of my 'bread and butter' items at the store I sell through
here...

....Kevin