Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Entertainment center

I made a teak entertainment center that was inspired by an article in Fine
Woodworking. The price of the teak plywood and solid teak was STUNNING! The
veneer on the plywood was as thin as anything I have encountered before.

Attached Thumbnails
Entertainment center-nh-entertainment-center-3-jpg  Entertainment center-nh-entertainment-center-1-jpg  Entertainment center-nh-entertainment-center-2-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Sat, 31 Dec 2011 14:57:43 -0500, "Dick Snyder"
wrote:

I made a teak entertainment center that was inspired by an article in Fine
Woodworking. The price of the teak plywood and solid teak was STUNNING! The
veneer on the plywood was as thin as anything I have encountered before.

Nicely done!
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On 12/31/2011 1:57 PM, Dick Snyder wrote:
I made a teak entertainment center that was inspired by an article in Fine
Woodworking. The price of the teak plywood and solid teak was STUNNING! The
veneer on the plywood was as thin as anything I have encountered before.

Beautiful work ... excellent!

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Han Han is offline

"Dick Snyder" wrote in
:

I made a teak entertainment center that was inspired by an article in
Fine Woodworking. The price of the teak plywood and solid teak was
STUNNING! The veneer on the plywood was as thin as anything I have
encountered before.

begin 666 NH entertainment center 3.jpg

Attachment saved: E:\Public\Xnews\attachments\bad\NH entertainment
center 3.jpg `
end

begin 666 NH entertainment center 1.jpg

Attachment saved: E:\Public\Xnews\attachments\bad\NH entertainment
center 1.jpg `
end

begin 666 NH entertainment center 2.jpg

Attachment saved: E:\Public\Xnews\attachments\bad\NH entertainment
center 2.jpg `
end

I'm with Karl!!

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On 12/31/2011 01:44 PM, Swingman wrote:
On 12/31/2011 1:57 PM, Dick Snyder wrote:
I made a teak entertainment center that was inspired by an article in
Fine
Woodworking. The price of the teak plywood and solid teak was
STUNNING! The
veneer on the plywood was as thin as anything I have encountered before.

Beautiful work ... excellent!

Ditto...

--
Kevin Miller - http://www.alaska.net/~atftb
Juneau, Alaska

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

wrote:

I made a teak entertainment center that was inspired by an article in Fine
Woodworking. The price of the teak plywood and solid teak was STUNNING! The
veneer on the plywood was as thin as anything I have encountered before.

Nicely done!

Dick, Did you use the the method of construction described in the
article or something else?
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

You certainly made a fine cabinet. I like the handle style also.
Yes, the veneer does get thin and sometimes in our moist climate I have seen
the veneer separate if stored in the garage (smaller pieces leftover from
projects)
I know if I make an error and have to sand, that the thin veneer is not very
tolerant to heavy sanding either.
Nice work.

I did make an entertainment center for some clients and it is posted on
jloomisconstruction.com
I used "cane" to cover some of the speakers also.
John

"Dick Snyder" wrote in message

I made a teak entertainment center that was inspired by an article in Fine
Woodworking. The price of the teak plywood and solid teak was STUNNING! The
veneer on the plywood was as thin as anything I have encountered before.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Dick Snyder typed:
I made a teak entertainment center that was inspired by an article in Fine
Woodworking. The price of the teak plywood and solid teak was STUNNING! The
veneer on the plywood was as thin as anything I have encountered before.

Very nice!

Thanks for sharing that (and teasing!)

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Dick Snyder" wrote:

I made a teak entertainment center that was inspired by an article in
Fine Woodworking.

-------------------------------
Neat.

Lew

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Nicely done!

Trouble with this stuff is that the media format constantly changes. I
haven't played a VHS tape in 6-8 years and I haven't played a CD or DVD in
about 4 years. The drawer divisions needs to be flexible with removable
inserts or something. My complete library of about 500 music albums and 700
movies is a desktop computer with a remote control interface. Fits in about
2/3 TB, so far.

---------
"Dick Snyder" wrote in message

I made a teak entertainment center that was inspired by an article in Fine
Woodworking. The price of the teak plywood and solid teak was STUNNING! The
veneer on the plywood was as thin as anything I have encountered before.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Josepi" wrote in message
Nicely done!

Trouble with this stuff is that the media format constantly changes. I
haven't played a VHS tape in 6-8 years and I haven't played a CD or DVD in
about 4 years. The drawer divisions needs to be flexible with removable
inserts or something. My complete library of about 500 music albums and
700 movies is a desktop computer with a remote control interface. Fits in
about 2/3 TB, so far.

---------
"Dick Snyder" wrote in message

I made a teak entertainment center that was inspired by an article in Fine
Woodworking. The price of the teak plywood and solid teak was STUNNING!
The
veneer on the plywood was as thin as anything I have encountered before.

There are horizontal slots on all 4 sides of each drawer. They hold sliding
drawer divider supports from ou****ercatalogs.com. You have a lot of
flexibility for the organization of each drawer.