Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default kitchen cabinet - 1 attachment

Example of 1 of our top cabinets. We like the superblonde maple and the
little muntins in the glass, which are ~2 1/2" off the styles and rails
whether the doors are narrow like these or much wider.

--
Best regards
Han

Attached Thumbnails
kitchen cabinet - 1 attachment-img_0379-copy-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On 06 Nov 2011 11:57:08 GMT, Han wrote:

Example of 1 of our top cabinets. We like the superblonde maple and the
little muntins in the glass, which are ~2 1/2" off the styles and rails
whether the doors are narrow like these or much wider.

Nice looking cabinets, but do you still like the idea of glass in the
doors? I don't think I want to display the interior of some of ours.
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Ed Pawlowski wrote in
:

On 06 Nov 2011 11:57:08 GMT, Han wrote:

Example of 1 of our top cabinets. We like the superblonde maple and
the little muntins in the glass, which are ~2 1/2" off the styles and
rails whether the doors are narrow like these or much wider.

Nice looking cabinets, but do you still like the idea of glass in the
doors? I don't think I want to display the interior of some of ours.

We have some cabinets with solid maple doors as well, but our kitchen is
very small (8x 13 1/2 feet) and has 3 doors (main entry door, dining
room door opening only, and basement entry door, opening out) plus a
chimney intruding 22", and 20" wide. Having the upper cabinets with
solid doors would make it seem even smaller. The picture shows the dark
blue tile backsplash which visually makes the kitchen bigger. My wife
and I at times do a nice dance around each other while we prepare food
together. We have fairly frequent dinner parties for our family, with
up to 16 people, and everyone seems to enjoy that!! People are
encouraged to help themselves to things they want during the parties.

There is nothing in the upper cabinets that I would feel ashamed of
showing. I don't understand your concern. Are you ever coming near NYC,
specifically the Paramus-Paterson area of NJ, near the intersection of
Rts 17 & 4 (where there is an IKEA - not open on Sundays because of the
Bergen county blue laws)?

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On 06 Nov 2011 14:06:23 GMT, Han wrote:

[...]

A couple of our cabinets are loaded with spice containers, assorted
packages, etc. They can be kind of messy looking. I don't see that
they would add to the ambiance of the kitchen.

Your kitchen size is about the same as my last house. It was small,
but very efficient and easy to work in. We had two doors, both at the
same end. We had 21' of counter top in a "U" shape.

I do, on occasion get down to that area, usually on my way to Philly.
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

WTF was that? Embedded yEnc?

--------------

"Han" wrote in message ...

Example of 1 of our top cabinets. We like the superblonde maple and the
little muntins in the glass, which are ~2 1/2" off the styles and rails
whether the doors are narrow like these or much wider.

--
Best regards
Han
email address is invalid

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0379 (Copy).JPG (203.1 KB, 35 views)

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Cannot see it.
I would love to see that?
do not get yenc?
john

"Han" wrote in message ...

Example of 1 of our top cabinets. We like the superblonde maple and the
little muntins in the glass, which are ~2 1/2" off the styles and rails
whether the doors are narrow like these or much wider.

--
Best regards
Han
email address is invalid

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0379 (Copy).JPG (312.4 KB, 32 views)
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On 11/6/2011 7:56 PM, jloomis wrote:
Cannot see it.
I would love to see that?
do not get yenc?
john

I don't get yenc either, but Hans' photo came through fine. It's only
204k so not too big?

As for glass doors, we have a couple of kitchen cabinets with glass
doors and we store special occasion glassware in them so it looks OK.
I wouldn't want glass doors everywhere unless it was heavily smoked, who
wants to look at that stuff?

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com

Attached Thumbnails
kitchen cabinet - 1 attachment-dcp_0636-jpg  kitchen cabinet - 1 attachment-dcp_0648-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Yeah! We have one glass show cabinet in the corner of the kitchen. It holds
some special commemorative glasses and a earthen ware that is more showy.
I have seen people with all glass and you see all their cans and other mess.
You may as well just buy open shelving.

-----------

"Jack" wrote in message
eb.com...

On 11/6/2011 7:56 PM, jloomis wrote:
Cannot see it.
I would love to see that?
do not get yenc?
john

I don't get yenc either, but Hans' photo came through fine. It's only
204k so not too big?

As for glass doors, we have a couple of kitchen cabinets with glass
doors and we store special occasion glassware in them so it looks OK.
I wouldn't want glass doors everywhere unless it was heavily smoked, who
wants to look at that stuff?

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Ed Pawlowski wrote in
:

[...]

Well, I guess that's a personal preference. I know our cabinets are
disorganized enough that I often have to open them to find what I'm
looking for.

Your kitchen size is about the same as my last house. It was small,
but very efficient and easy to work in. We had two doors, both at the
same end. We had 21' of counter top in a "U" shape.

Not wide enough for that much counter space ...

I do, on occasion get down to that area, usually on my way to Philly.

Let me know if you want to visit, and I'll tell you where exactly we are
(~15 min off the parkway).

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On 08 Nov 2011 12:20:14 GMT, Han wrote:

I do, on occasion get down to that area, usually on my way to Philly.

Let me know if you want to visit, and I'll tell you where exactly we are
(~15 min off the parkway).

Thanks, that may happen.