Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Rowan nut bowls

Finished some nutcracker bowls the other day. Made from rowan (aka
mountain ash). They're about 8" to 9" in diameter. I got the hardware
at the grocery store. Finished with lacquer.

Enjoy...

....Kevin
--
Kevin Miller - http://www.alaska.net/~atftb
Juneau, Alaska

Attached Thumbnails
Rowan nut bowls-2011-10-23_19-26-20-jpg  Rowan nut bowls-2011-10-23_19-28-08-jpg  Rowan nut bowls-2011-10-23_19-28-45-jpg  Rowan nut bowls-2011-10-23_19-29-37-jpg  Rowan nut bowls-2011-10-23_19-30-24-jpg

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On 10/27/2011 06:10 PM, Kevin Miller wrote:
Finished some nutcracker bowls the other day. Made from rowan (aka
mountain ash). They're about 8" to 9" in diameter. I got the hardware at
the grocery store. Finished with lacquer.

Enjoy...

...Kevin

Very nice - and pro looking pics.

- Doug

--
"A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to
blame somebody else." -John Burroughs
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On 10/27/2011 8:10 PM, Kevin Miller wrote:
Finished some nutcracker bowls the other day. Made from rowan (aka
mountain ash). They're about 8" to 9" in diameter. I got the hardware at
the grocery store. Finished with lacquer.

Enjoy...

...Kevin

I was thinking, how many more angles can you shoot of a bowl....then I
focused and realized they are all different. Good JOB!
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On 10/27/2011 07:10 PM, Leon wrote:
On 10/27/2011 8:10 PM, Kevin Miller wrote:
Finished some nutcracker bowls the other day. Made from rowan (aka
mountain ash). They're about 8" to 9" in diameter. I got the hardware at
the grocery store. Finished with lacquer.

Enjoy...

...Kevin

I was thinking, how many more angles can you shoot of a bowl....then I
focused and realized they are all different. Good JOB!

LOL. I did take a bunch more than that, but figured one shot per bowl
was probably fine for posting. That is the danger of bunching them all
in one post I guess...

--
Kevin Miller - http://www.alaska.net/~atftb
Juneau, Alaska
In a recent survey, 7 out of 10 hard drives preferred Linux
Registered Linux User No: 307357, http://linuxcounter.net
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On 10/27/2011 05:42 PM, Doug Winterburn wrote:
On 10/27/2011 06:10 PM, Kevin Miller wrote:
Finished some nutcracker bowls the other day. Made from rowan (aka
mountain ash). They're about 8" to 9" in diameter. I got the hardware at
the grocery store. Finished with lacquer.

Enjoy...

...Kevin

Very nice - and pro looking pics.

Thanks. The pics were pretty easy. They make big pieces of cardboard
with various shades of color for use as a background in photos. I
bought one some years back and got it out for these. Nothing fancy - I
just set it on a stool and curved it up to create a horizonless
background and shot them with my cheapo digital camera with the flash
turned off. We have full spectrum floursent lights in the kitchen so
the lighting came out pretty natural looking.

The hardest part was getting motivated to dig the back drop out of the
storage room in the garage! g

....Kevin
--
Kevin Miller - http://www.alaska.net/~atftb
Juneau, Alaska
In a recent survey, 7 out of 10 hard drives preferred Linux
Registered Linux User No: 307357, http://linuxcounter.net

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Thu, 27 Oct 2011 17:10:08 -0800, Kevin Miller
wrote:

Finished some nutcracker bowls the other day. Made from rowan (aka
mountain ash). They're about 8" to 9" in diameter. I got the hardware
at the grocery store. Finished with lacquer.

Enjoy...

...Kevin

Nice. I can't wait to see the Martin bowls that go with it.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On 10/28/2011 05:05 AM, jloomis wrote:
Nice work. Are they for gifts or a sale item?
john

I sell them through a local gift shop. With Thanksgiving and Christmas
coming up it's a good time for nut bowls...

....Kevin
--
Kevin Miller
Juneau, Alaska
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

wrote:

Finished some nutcracker bowls the other day. Made from rowan (aka
mountain ash). They're about 8" to 9" in diameter. I got the hardware
at the grocery store. Finished with lacquer.

Enjoy...

...Kevin

Nice. I can't wait to see the Martin bowls that go with it.

LOL. Took me a minute to catch that until I reprogrammed the way-back
machine.

Say good night Dick...