DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   scary sharp for Zz Yzx (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking-plans-photos/330394-scary-sharp-zz-yzx.html)

ChairMan[_2_] October 10th 11 05:23 AM

scary sharp for Zz Yzx

1 Attachment(s)
this is for Zz Yzx or anyone else that would like it

Zz Yzx October 12th 11 02:08 AM

scary sharp for Zz Yzx

On Sun, 9 Oct 2011 23:23:02 -0500, "ChairMan" nospam@nospam wrote:

this is for Zz Yzx or anyone else that would like it

Thanks ChairMan;

I'm familiar with the method but don;t think I've ever read this
version.

For what it's worth, I remember my Dad sharpening chisels using
carborundum sandpaper stuck on his table saw table with water, c.
1965.

I guess a good technology or method will be discovered and
re-discovered independantly by clever people.

-Zz

Pat Barber[_2_] October 18th 11 09:08 PM

scary sharp for Zz Yzx

The guy that wrote that piece 'used" to be a very active
member of rec.woodworking.

I first read the original version on the rec back in
1997-1998 time frame as I recall.

This was back in the period when woodworking was the
topic of conversation.

Max December 23rd 11 06:38 PM

scary sharp for Zz Yzx

"ChairMan" nospam@nospam wrote in message
. com...
this is for Zz Yzx or anyone else that would like it

I have a neighbor who works with wood. "Me and him" appreciate the post.
;-)

Thanks. Really.

Max