Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
No Name

Default here

StreetPilot 2720

XisiX you saved my life. Here's the complete procedure so someone
other can benefit and update his 2720. Credit goes to blankman on the
gpspassion forum. I've edited his tutorial here from the gpspassion forum.

Before doing this I inform you that I've downloaded the West &
Central Europe NT 2011.32 Img Unlocked 1.75GB For 2GB SD from a Kor@l
post here and then I've followed this procedure.

1. Connect the 2720 with the USB Cable
2. Copy the gmapsupp.img (unlocked) that you've just downloaded in
the C:\Garmin folder
3. Rename gmapsupp.img to gmapprom.img
4. Check to see if a WebUpdater folder is inside the C:\Garmin
folder. I don't have it inside so I've copied the WebUpdater folder in
the C:\Garmin folder
5. Create a new notepad document and paste this text in it

C:\Garmin\WebUpdater\WebUpdater.exe /upload_file rgn=49
path=C:\Garmin\gmapprom.img -autorun usb /i

6. Save this text file with a name you want but, IMPORTANT, with
the .bat extension. Mine was named 2720update.bat
7. When you double-click the SP2720_Update.BAT file, a command-line
window should open up on your Desktop, plus WebUpdater should open and
report that it's erasing your old maps and copying your new mapset into
your SP2720. It will show you a "percent complete" indication as it goes
along. When it's complete, WebUpdater will end and close the
command-line window with it, at which point, your SP2720 will now have a
fresh set of maps.

--
"If you voted for Obama in 2008 to prove you're not a racist you'll
have to vote for someone else in 2012 to prove you're not stupid!"