Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default O/T: Black Eye Cure

Enjoy

Lew
-----------------------------------
So much for old wives remedies.

I'll take my chances with the "heat"and any possible
additional "swelling".

TREATING A BLACK EYE.

Didn't know this! Did you?

For years, the conventional wisdom has been that the best treatment
for a black eye is to cover it with a piece of raw meat.

Scientific studies have proven that while the raw meat helps reduce
the swelling and aids in the healing process, applying
cold meat actually delays the recovery of the broken blood
vessels that cause the bruising around the orbital socket,
while frozen meat may cause superficial thermal burns to the skin.

These same studies demonstrated that application of warm and tender
meat is much more effective in helping the eyes
recover from the damage because the bruising isn't compounded
by thermal shock.

Therefore, the next time you get a black eye, try this method:

Administer treatment until pain and swelling are gone.

Attached Thumbnails
O/T: Black Eye Cure-image0022-jpg  O/T: Black Eye Cure-image0011-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

In article om,
"Lew Hodgett" wrote:

Enjoy

Lew
-----------------------------------
[...]

begin 666 image0022.jpg
[Image]

end

begin 666 image0011.jpg
[Image]

end

Helped _my_ sore eyes.
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Wed, 28 Sep 2011 20:46:04 -0400, Robatoy
Helped _my_ sore eyes.

But, then you have to put up with unexpected swelling in other parts
of the body.
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

I wonder about 2 black eyes and a puffed lip?
Do they have a cure for that?
hummmm........I can think of one?
john

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
eb.com...

Enjoy

Lew
-----------------------------------
[...]

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"jloomis" wrote:

I wonder about 2 black eyes and a puffed lip?
Do they have a cure for that?
hummmm........I can think of one?

-------------------------------
Sounds like lessons in self defense might be in order.

Lew

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
10x 10x is offline

In article , jloomis
wrote:

I wonder about 2 black eyes and a puffed lip?
Do they have a cure for that?
hummmm........I can think of one?
john

I can think of two ;-)

Joe
aka 10x
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"puffy lip"?

Now you are making the women jealous, too.

---------

"10x" wrote in message ...
I can think of two ;-)

------------
In article , jloomis
wrote:

I wonder about 2 black eyes and a puffed lip?
Do they have a cure for that?
hummmm........I can think of one?
john

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Administer treatment until pain and swelling are gone.

That's a purple eye. And I think she got those out of a lava lamp.

-Zz

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Lew Hodgett wrote:
Enjoy

Lew
-----------------------------------
So much for old wives remedies.

I'll take my chances with the "heat"and any possible
additional "swelling".

TREATING A BLACK EYE.

Probably good way to treat ear ache, too! And to gargle for a
scratchy throat.
--
Gerald Ross

What's a nice girl like you doing in a

[...]