Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Garage BEing Framed

Yesterday.
Attached Thumbnails
Garage BEing Framed-garage-framing-imgp5208-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Sat, 10 Sep 2011 09:47:39 -0700, "jloomis"
Nice renovation. However, I'd leave the car outside and turn the
entire garage into a workshop.
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On 9/10/2011 11:47 AM, jloomis wrote:
Yesterday.

Looking Good!

Looks like you are going with a 9'-10' ceiling. We had a new house
built with a 3 car and I ended up up with a 9' ceiling bonus that I
almost appreciate as much as the 3rd car. It is really nice to not be
bumping into he ceiling with 8' stock.
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Me too. but it is not mine.
I would use it for a ceramic studio.
I wanted to make the garage bigger too but the client pulled in the
ropes......
It should have been 24x at least 28.
I would have also gone 2nd story.............
oh well. not my money to spend.
john

wrote:
Nice renovation. However, I'd leave the car outside and turn the
entire garage into a workshop.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Exactly.
I like garages at 10 ft.
Many items come from the store in 10' lengths and it is nice to fit them in.
Also I can drive my huge truck in my garage with a load of lumber on the
rack, or scaffolding, etc. and not hit the ceiling.
john

"Leon" wrote in message

On 9/10/2011 11:47 AM, jloomis wrote:
Yesterday.

Looking Good!

Looks like you are going with a 9'-10' ceiling. We had a new house
built with a 3 car and I ended up up with a 9' ceiling bonus that I
almost appreciate as much as the 3rd car. It is really nice to not be
bumping into he ceiling with 8' stock.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Are you going to put a high enough peak on the roof to allow easy mounting
of solar PV panels?

I poured a pad for my garage and tried to heat it but the pad was a mistake
in my climate in the winter. Looking back I should have put in proper
footings and done it differently, for floor insulation purposes (shop
usage).
Another mistake was the 15' height allowance bylaws and I designed my
trusses too high and the ceiling ended up right at 8'...bad mistake for a
workshop.

---------

"Leon" wrote in message

On 9/10/2011 11:47 AM, jloomis wrote:
Yesterday.

Looking Good!

Looks like you are going with a 9'-10' ceiling. We had a new house
built with a 3 car and I ended up up with a 9' ceiling bonus that I
almost appreciate as much as the 3rd car. It is really nice to not be
bumping into he ceiling with 8' stock.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

The roof is a 6/12 pitch.
And the owner wants to install solar.
He is an electrician by trade.
We were going to heat the slab with coils but the owner decided not too.
Our climate rarely freezes, and it is a very average year around temp of 50o
to 65o
We may get highs and lows but not on the average.
This is near the ocean, and in Redwood Country thus very moderate temps.
Ferns, Rhododendrons, mushroom season in fall, apple, pear,
peas. I am just now planting my fall garden.
anyway......john

"Leon" wrote in message

On 9/10/2011 11:47 AM, jloomis wrote:
Yesterday.

Looking Good!

Looks like you are going with a 9'-10' ceiling. We had a new house
built with a 3 car and I ended up up with a 9' ceiling bonus that I
almost appreciate as much as the 3rd car. It is really nice to not be
bumping into he ceiling with 8' stock.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Leon" lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in message
On 9/10/2011 11:47 AM, jloomis wrote:
Yesterday.

Looking Good!

Looks like you are going with a 9'-10' ceiling. We had a new house built
with a 3 car and I ended up up with a 9' ceiling bonus that I almost
appreciate as much as the 3rd car. It is really nice to not be bumping
into he ceiling with 8' stock.

When we had our house built I insisted on 9 feet in the basement so I could
add a drop ceiling to hide plumbing and electrical. Also 9 foot garage
because needed 8 foot tall opening for vehicle door to clear our converted
van. Not that much more in cost at that time. WW

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Nice! A bit of insulation and the concrete slab should even temps out for a
decent workspace, most of the time.

Me thinks an electrician would have put in some conduit below ground for
wiring right through concrete pad?

----------------

-------------

"Leon" wrote in message

On 9/10/2011 11:47 AM, jloomis wrote:
Yesterday.

Looking Good!

Looks like you are going with a 9'-10' ceiling. We had a new house
built with a 3 car and I ended up up with a 9' ceiling bonus that I
almost appreciate as much as the 3rd car. It is really nice to not be
bumping into he ceiling with 8' stock.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

We live in a very mild climate.
Not much freeze here.
The electrician did overhead wiring in the ceiling joists.
He was going to put in conduit but there was not much wiring.
john

"Leon" wrote in message

On 9/10/2011 11:47 AM, jloomis wrote:
Yesterday.

Looking Good!

Looks like you are going with a 9'-10' ceiling. We had a new house
built with a 3 car and I ended up up with a 9' ceiling bonus that I
almost appreciate as much as the 3rd car. It is really nice to not be
bumping into he ceiling with 8' stock.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

OK. Usually electrical people might put a conduit through the concrete slab
to run up the wall. The alternatives are still there, outside of the wall
and pass through, from inground or overhead wires (yuk).

Wood Framed Extension Clive UK diy 1 July 18th 07 04:01 PM
Framed dollhouse structure Charlie Self Woodworking 43 January 23rd 07 08:08 PM
Steel framed house flash UK diy 10 October 10th 06 07:41 PM
Metal Building vs. Framed Workshop James \Cubby\ Culbertson Woodworking 19 December 15th 05 01:02 AM
lead framed window glass asalcedo UK diy 8 November 5th 05 12:17 PM